What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boeing 777-300ER - AVOID When Flying Long Haul

DRD

Registered
In economy, this is a truly hateful long haul configuration. This aircraft originally had a 3, 3, 3 configuration in the cheap seats. Airlines have recently been replacing this with 3,4,3. There simply is not the width. The toilets cannot cope. The aisles are ridiculously narrow. Folk with aisle seats are fooked. Folk in the tail where it narrows to 2,4,2 are properly fooked given the huge queues for the toilets.

People could not even eat their food with a knife and fork in a conventional manner as there was inadequate width. Intead they had to hold the (hot) food tray in one hand, using just a fork or spoon in the other. Like eating yoghurt out of a small pot.

Unless you are next to an anorexic or a child, you will be pressed against your neighbour no matter where you sit in economy.

Given my height, I always pay extra for exit seats. Before flying I was offered an upgrade to business class for £380. I really wish I had taken it.

I agree Dave it’s nuts and out right greed. When Boeing proposed it; us flight nerds moaned like hell but the airlines just went ahead.

Which airline did you fly on? I recently had to fly in this configuration on AA and was terrible after BA cancelled a flight and I couldn’t arrange an upgrade for the wife so I gave her my BC seat and I went coach.

This is where flying BA sometimes helps because they are usually last to make such changes but it’s pretty much coming to all airlines eventually.

Neil

Reactions: DRD
Also united and aerlingus still do 767 flights which is 2 4 2

Air France. Great media system and food/ booze in economy . Used to be A380 on this route. Will be doing all I can to avoid this sh1t show in the future.

BAs 777 fleet was not good last time I tried them. The best 777 experience was with Jet Airways. Space, comfort and mood lighting. Though no gin which I thought was strange being a former colony of the BE! I use Jet via Delhi to get to Bangkok.
So A380 is the best way, with Thai, otherwise 777 on EVA which is not bad, and they do have Gin.
A380 is the best, shame it's going out of production.
All time fav....was Concorde!

Back
Top Bottom