What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob from Worthing - 35 years of pinball pleasure

emma_fish

Registered
good morning to you all

like most of you guys around my age (50) I first started playing pinball on the local pier and in those days they weren't just confined to amusement arcades, every café / pub had at least one, they were everywhere!

We rekindled our love of pinball about 15 years ago when we purchased a Scared Stiff which we still have although we have owned a Twilight Zone, Adams Family and a Safe Cracker. I'd love to buy a couple more now but am a little shocked at the price the go for now - should have kept the ones we had!

For me the love of pinball is of course playing them but I love maintaining and fixing them - my paternal instinct coming through ;)

cheers Bob

Welcome to Pinball Info Bob, what are you looking for ?
hi
not sure really - having owned the great classics nothing really seems to stand out, although I did enjoy playing Guns n Roses and Ac Dc at the Slam

hi
not sure really - having owned the great classics nothing really seems to stand out, although I did enjoy playing Guns n Roses and Ac Dc at the Slam

Plenty more classics that ain't DMD pins. The issue is they tend not to come out to play so often, I guess there are less out there than the more modern machines :(

Yeah, I was there from Friday to Sunday night. I was dressed as Geoff_The_Ref on Saturday and was one of the referees for NLP NBA Fastbreak Challenge, where two NBA machines were hooked together and 30 people battled it out to be crowned NBA Fastbreak Champion. I never got to play much on Saturday as the comp lasted for hours. If I did play it was only to check a machine was now working.
GnR and AC/DC are two great music pins. I would happily have both in my house.

Welcome bob.
Looks like your mind is made up. Out of G&R and AC/DC, would have to be the latter. Think most of the guys here would agree but it's going to cost you.
I find myself disagreeing with your statement bob, about owning some of the greatest machines :) you've had 4 machines. There are thousands of machines to be had. I can't believe nothing stood out.
Best of luck with your rekindled love.
ps. We all wish we'd kept previous machines due to
hike in prices :)

si

Back
Top Bottom