What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BM 66 Shaker Motor Problem after code update

daveyp

Site Supporter
Can anyone help.

Brand new Stern Shaker Motor fitted was working fine for a day updated to the latest code V1.3 and now doesn't do anything.

Gone through the settings and it's set for maximum usage but isn't working. Have checked cable unplugged it and reseated it to no avail.

Any ideas????

Dave.

Did you have the door open during the update? It may need power to work. So if there's a coin door interlock make sure it's pulled out. Only thing i can think of.

There is no interlock on spike games.

My b66 updated ok with stern shaker - I’d contact Stern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe worth putting the older code back on to see if it starts working again?

Have a look in the test menu for shaker test - Diagnostics/Coil/Test/7.Shaker Motor

Maybe worth putting the older code back on to see if it starts working again?

Have a look in the test menu for shaker test - Diagnostics/Coil/Test/7.Shaker Motor
Everything else is fine in the test menu except the shaker!

So next question is how do you put the old code back on a machine as someone hasn't done it before. (Only just got this machine so don't have the existing update)

Could it not be a bad code ! ( Might be missing a dot or space when down loaded )
Down load the code again and try again !

I'd be surprised if it was the code update and everything else worked fine, download the old code and put it on, i've done that once on B66 and it was fine (although at your own risk!). Pretty sure my shaker was working ok after I did the upgrade but will check tonight.

As peter said, check the fuses on the game and contact Stern.

I’m away in Manchester until Friday so will look then but appreciate all the comments and feedback.

And if anyone can point me in the direction of where the fuse could possibly be then that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My b66 upgraded ok and shaker works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Updated the machine back to code V 1.2 and still doesn’t work. Will have to remove and try it in a different machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom