What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blown main fuse. Help

huggers

Site Supporter
Alias
Andy Hug
Alright chaps. Flipper was getting stuck on my Tron. Wanted to know whether it was mechanical or an electronic issue so turned the machine off whilst the flipper was in the up position. Turned it back on too fast and the game is now dead as a door nail. Nothing when I turn it on.

I removed the fuse in the power input box in the bottom right of the cabinet (the black twisty nob thingy one) and the fuse is smashed in two. Is this likely to be the cause of all my troubles?

I looked up in the manual and apparently I need one of two fuses. But which one? Also as I understand it fuses come in 2 sizes, 20mm and 31mm. Which is correct?

i.imgur.com_rFE8k0l.png

Is this something I can get hold of easily? Cheers all for any help and forgive my complete lack of knowledge

Despite the 8A being specified as 250v, it would be for use with a mains voltage in the 115v region. The u.k's higher voltage requires less current to deliver the power used by the machine, so a lower rating of fuse is fitted, in this case 5A. The 20 and 31 mm dimensions refer to the overall length of the fuse, though the 20mm is also a smaller diameter.

Back
Top Bottom