What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blowing solenoid fuse

darren_ross

Registered
Having a problem with the solenoid fuse blowing on the getaway. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to this. Sometimes after replacing the fuse it will blow in the first game and other times it may take a few hours of playing and then blow. None of the solenoids appear to be stuck on and i can't visibly see a short.
Is this a bridge rectifier problem? If so do i replace both and the capacitor?
A nudge in the right direction would be great guys.

Thanks

I had similar with a coil that seemingly worked & measured ohms ok but once warmed up and firing repetitively blew the fuse (and it's driving transistor). Try testing each coil individually and repetitively.

I had similar with a coil that seemingly worked & measured ohms ok but once warmed up and firing repetitively blew the fuse (and it's driving transistor). Try testing each coil individually and repetitively.
Thanks. I did test the solenoids in test mode. Probably didn't give them a chance to become warm. I'll have another play with it.

Back
Top Bottom