What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BLADE RUNNER PINBALL ANYONE?

Judge Dreads

Site Supporter
With movie number 2 confirmed (Ryan Gosling as lead) and a host of new BR movies in the pipeline, could this be a starter? "Like Prometheus, which will get at least three sequels according to the director, Scott is also planning a whole series of new Blade Runner movies Read more at: https://tr.im/CHjo3"

Cool on both fronts. Blade Runner movie sequels and the potential pinball. :thumbs:

Is a movie sequel good though? There's not many out there that have pulled off a better sequel.

Aliens, Empire Strikes Back. Those two off the top of my head were better sequels.

With Ridley Scott's involvement, I'm sure it wouldn't go the way of usual movie sequel trash just for the cash in.

Always seems mad having a sequel or prequel decades after the original, think they would work better nearer the time of the original release, the technology used in Prometheus by the cast was way more advanced than crt screens in the original Alien so looked a bit silly if you were trying to apply the prequel concept correctly, same will probably apply to BR which was the best movie ever made IMHO.

Absolutely love Blade Runner, its in my top 5 films ever made for sure. Not too sure about a sequel though as most are absolutely awful. A pinball based on the original movie would be absolutely fantastic and something I have thought about before. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Love Blade Runner too, think the new Star Trek movies are good, except scotty, love him in most things but not in trek

The sequel won't be based on a Phillip K Dick book, don't know who's doing the screenplay but it's unlikely to be as good.

They should do another of Dick's books instead like Ubik, that would be worth watching.

I always thought superman 2 was better than the original,especially when he went back into the diner at the end

T2 was a great sequel to the original film, the next 3 pretty gash in comparison. Aliens was a good sequel to Alien. Hmmm, they're the only 2 decent sequels I can think of atm lol!

"My father ? Let me tell you about my father. " BOOM..........

Probably my favourite film of all time.

Blade Runner sequel... interesting! Going to be a very difficult film to better, or even equal, for that matter. But Ryan Gosling is a good start. As others have mentioned story won't be by PKD.

Blade Runner pinball? Now that I would like to see. Hey @Judge Dreads, what information have you heard? Is this another "boutique" venture or Stern? I won't mention the names of any pinball machines based on movies starring previous governors of California, but I hope they don't expect loads of people to open their wallets on the hope of a BR pinball someday in the future... maybe...

I've always found Blade Runner a bit dark. Not in theme necessarily, but, just, so dark on screen that I can;t tell what is going on...maybe just need to find the contrast button on my TV. It'd definitely be a cash-cow of a theme though :)

I always thought superman 2 was better than the original,especially when he went back into the diner at the end

Yeah, agree with that. Was dissapointed though as a kid that he just spun the bully round on his stool instead of smashing his face in.

I've always found Blade Runner a bit dark. Not in theme necessarily, but, just, so dark on screen that I can;t tell what is going on...maybe just need to find the contrast button on my TV. It'd definitely be a cash-cow of a theme though :)
Deffo your screen, this film has the best lighting engineer of all time on board and the lighting effects on this movie are ground breaking and have been replicated on other movies since (those backlit extractor fans are a prime example)

Love Bladerunner. I'd never even considered a pin but it's actually such a good theme idea. I'm picturing Tyrell Corp sitting like the borg ship on sttng. Deckard's gun as a plunger. Yes please!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

There probably would've been a pin made if the film had been produced a decade later, film licensing deals were still only just getting started in the early 80's, e.g Meteor, Flash Gordon, Rocky, Krull. I used to speculate on re-theming F-14 as a Blade Runner game, prompted primarily by its three 'Mars' beacon lamps.

Incidentally, the film coming out a decade later would've co-incided with the setting of the original book - San Francisco in 1992. Since this was only 10 years ahead at the time of filming, the timeline was pushed ahead to 2019. Now that that's close, could a sequel be expected to move it again, maybe the (20) 50's?

Last edited:
I've lost count how many directors and uncut versions they have released of br now

The Final Cut is seriously all you need, it tastefully fixes a lot of visual errors in the original, doesn't have the annoying voice over at the start, and is just the best version of a fantastic film.

Back
Top Bottom