What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black rose broadside fix

The seeker

Registered
536A4B83-4D3A-4BBA-88B1-6F22E89ED111.jpeg Hi guys like lots of people I love black rose but have grown frustrated with the broadside shot. The opportunity to sink a ship is rare but to miss time after time is super annoying. Anyhow I’ve taken it upon myself to give me / us a sporting chance and modified the scoop using nothing more than A heat shield from an Amiga 500 + and a pair of tin shears. Please see attached images and let me know your thoughts - is it worth sending it to someone like cliffy to be produced. After afew initial games I found the ball would more often than not actually stay up in the hole. ! Thus allowing more ships sunk all screws are using pre existing holes of the third star post was re installed and there are no nasty sharp bits! Wanda u think?

Attachments

• 3275EA01-A351-4DAA-A5AB-1547966EBF8E.jpeg
    3275EA01-A351-4DAA-A5AB-1547966EBF8E.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 23
Each to their own but I think it's supposed to be a difficult shot, especially as sinking ships is where the biggest points are. There's normally a sweet spot when firing the cannon on Rosie just off of the very centre. It looks like you've done a nice job of modding it though with no permanent changes to the machine so if it makes the game more fun for you then crack on. I'd feel like I was cheating personally, I doubt you need to aim anywhere near accurately with a ball guide extension that long!

Are you sure your canon doesn't have something wrong mechanically which is making it fire with too much variance?

Lol yes I guess it’s abit like that scene in batman where the joker pulls out a revolver with a barrel about a meter long :) tbh tho it really probably gives about a 20-25% advantage with abit of luck. I’m going to mess around a little but it’s handy there’s no damage installing it removing the mod

That's cheating !
Like Aaron has said it's supposed to be a to be a difficult shot and making it easier you are only cheating yourself.
Learn to nail the shot once you have mastered the broadside you can nail 200 million plus on double broadside and add 6 to 8 sink ships and you are looking at a score of 700 million plus.
My personal best 870 million all down to getting used to nailing broadside every time you shoot for it.
Love Rosie, missing mine at the moment think I need to get it back home.

I’m only cheating myself so it’s fine by me :) tbh I think you guys might have a slightly optimistic view as to how much it helps, it makes the shot % better which in turn makes the game more fun. There’s nothing worse than tons and tons of bounce outs. I have no problems hitting the hole it’s keeping the balll in there that’s the hard part. Either way just thought I’d share with the community.. I’m off to pinside to quote a new WRScore :) :)

Back
Top Bottom