What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Black Knight: Sword of Rage and Stranger Things workshop

s000m

Site Supporter
Alias
Scott
So today I got my replacement flail ramp for my Black Knight.

The original had scuffing and heavy scratching under the flail area...

PXL_20210618_143331190.jpg

Getting the ramp off was a bit of a nightmare.

Angled ratchet screwdriver was no use.

PXL_20210618_091724661.jpg

I ended up removing the upper playfield.

Was a lot more work than I bargained for but got it off.

Side by side for reference.

PXL_20210618_143323914.jpg

What they don't tell you is that the ramp seats on top of rubber feat which LOVE to move about while you play 'reseat the ramp'

Black Knight ramp in and looking good.

PXL_20210618_153517529.jpg

Have you adjusted the knight/flail for clearance? Otherwise it’ll just bash the **** out of your new ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stranger Things wise I switched my Stern HD Glass into it as the Translite was reflecting off the playfield.

Before:
received_162157729159673.jpeg

After:

PXL_20210618_171638812.jpg

Also gave the rubbers a clean and playfield a wax.

PXL_20210618_171300191.jpg

Have you adjusted the knight/flail for clearance? Otherwise it’ll just bash the **** out of your new ramp.

So clearance wise it looks fine. I think previous owners adjusted already due to the ramp getting eaten.

Stranger Things wise I switched my Stern HD Glass into it as the Translite was reflecting off the playfield.

Before:
View attachment 140464

After:

View attachment 140465

Also gave the rubbers a clean and playfield a wax.

View attachment 140466

Also something you may not know that is very useful - you can adjust backbox brightness for attract mode and gameplay mode - mine is 20% when playing and it really minimises the reflection [emoji106]

Also something you may not know that is very useful - you can adjust backbox brightness for attract mode and gameplay mode - mine is 20% when playing and it really minimises the reflection [emoji106]

Yeah, wife discovered that while I was fixing the black knight, but the 'HD' glass really helped a lot.

I had to get rid of the custom black side blades on the Stranger Things, they were pretty scuffed in places. I'll likely add mirror blades or maybe game art blades. I haven't decided.

Maybe UK Pinfest will have some at the event?

Back
Top Bottom