What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BK2K Plastics - who is interested and how much would you pay?

Biff

Site Supporter
Alias
****a
Hi

I have a complete set of plastics in okay condition. They have been scanned and i am speaking with a printer now.

They gave me the first 'Digital' sample on a PETG.

It was not good :-(, the digital printing is very spotty!

I have asked for them to come back to me concerning screen printing costs. It is much more expensive, they have to redraw and the printing process is more expensive

So, before i put the idea in the bin, i would like to here from anyone that is seriously interested in purchasing a complete set, with Topper in PETG, laser cut with pre-drilled holes. The set of plastics would exclude the shaped rectangular plastic in top right corner of playfield. Some self build will be required, as Plastics that needed to be riveted together, would not be! Individual plastics would not be sold.

1- What overall price would you be happy to pay for the above - not incl post?

2 - How much more would you pay if the plastics that needed riveting were supplied to you pre-riveted?

3 - Would you pay more for an on-line tutorial that shows you how to swap all plastics?

4 - If you had two sets of sling shot plastics, would you pay more?

5 - If you own a BK2K but would not buy any plastics at all, please tell me why?

6 - Anything missing, relating to the plastics, that if included you would find of value and there for more likely to purchase or accept a higher price?

Please feel free to either reply back to the group or PM me.

If I don't get the numbers, it wont happen, at best i may get one or two key items made up, that's it though :-(

This has also been posted in the Yahoo group, please only reply back to one of the messages, otherwise i may get confused :)

Cheers for your time.

JB

Biff ... I applaud your efforts, but a couple of things, these are copyright items from WMS gaming, for which we (Planetary Pinball) are licensed to produce items - we approved vendors to produce items based on WMS artwork. Additionally Classic Playfields which we utilize for many of the plastic projects are already down the road on BK2K plastics, so this is a duplicate of an authorized replacement set that is already in the works.

thanks,

rick@planetarypinball.com

Rick

Thanks For coming back to me - good to see that you are keeping an eye on things. Good news that i wont have to get my hands dirty then.

Re Classic Play fields, I have emailed them several times about this with no response, the most recent was a few days back - still on vacation i guess with a back log?

Can you ask them when please? Will it include a topper? Will they be riveted or flat pack? What will be the price point?

Don't worry, was not interested in turning a buck. With literaly no option and one good BK2K and another i want to get out from under the garage roof and in use, i resorted to taking matters into my own hands. And with others in the same situation, it seems silly not to do something about it.

Put me down for three sets what ever the cost!

Cheers.

John

by the way, will this also include a back glass rework? would buy two of those as well!

Cheers.

John

Rick..

Just wondered if you could clarify something for me please under current licencing (as i genuinely dont know).

If i wish to make one or maybe two sets of plastics for me and a friend (i hasten to add that i'm not - it's hypothetical), for a machine that we both own, and not for retail sale, is this permissable???

Also, as listed above, you say that certain stuff are " authorized replacement sets that are already in the works" - is there a list of these somewhere that people can check for either something being in the works or to see if something has already been produced so that people know not to produce artwork to send to yourselves to be licenced??

Thanks

Paul

Fair use allows you to make some artwork to replace on your game. But I believe it does not allow you to 'replicate' the same artwork for multiple games even though people own them and there is no $ exchanged, otherwise, it would be easy to game the copyright system. There have been dozens of sets made available, I don't know of any list, but the main suppliers are PPS

.... continued

, CPR, and a limited few others that have made plastic sets. Of course they are a limited run being silkscreened, and then some time later a subsequent run is made. It's better to send us a message with something that someone may want to produce as well as has the technical expertise to reproduce. Artwork is tricky especially setting up for silkscreening, etc. But we've done this with Sorcerer, Grand Lizard, and other plastic sets.

So Rick. When will the BK2K plastics be available to purchase?

Will they include a topper?

Will they be riveted or flat pack?

What will be the price point?

Is a back glass also in the pipe line?

Tanks

John

Rick

Can you, provide a rough estimate for the following please: -

Release date of the BK2K plastics?

Will they include a topper?

Will they be riveted or flat pack?

What will be the price point?

Is a back glass also in the pipe line?

Thanks

John

All

Just to let you know that Kevin Wayte from Classic Playfield Reproductions, confirmed today that they will be re-running the 2009 plastics run for the worlds favourite knight in noir!

It will include the topper, and you will have to do the riveting your self.

It will retail for around $145.00.

I'll put me scanner away then.

;-)

http://www.classicplayfields.com

Cheers

JB

Back
Top Bottom