What's new

Sold BK2k - £2000 - Great players condition

Cookizza

Site Supporter
Unsure what this should go for so decided to reverse auction this. Will reduce the price every few days.

It's definitely a players machine, it's tidied up pretty well and after a proper clean and wax it's fast and consistent. She is over 30 years old & original however and so there's a list of bads below.

Playfield has some wear but inserts are not raised and the game plays well.

The good:
- Upper playfield return mounts have been professionally welded. These are unobtainable and break after 30 years so a hardened like this is one is a big win
- Plays well, better than any I've found on my travels
- Cab is relatively unfaded
- Working coin mech
- Castle version of plastics
- Full re-rubbering w/superbands
- Wireforms hand polished
- Replaced most bulbs (w/ incandescent)
- All coil sleeves replaced
- Remote battery holder installed (with clips incase people want to nvram)
- Rebuilt pop bumpers
- Apron is clean, new cards
- Flippers serviced / parts replaced, new balls

The bad:

- Backglass has some bubbling / mirror is worn in places
- One missing plastic on drawbridge ramp (took awhile to notice tbh) ( i think it's this one https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/...astic-for-black-knight-2000-31-1006-563-t2-sp)
- Inserts have some discolouration and crazing, not noticeable really when it's on.
- Magna save has some wear on PF - we've got a mylar dot on it.
- The interconnect board has hacks on the GI circuit which splices GI power from another location. We've rewired it where we can and the lights etc are all working fine, so didn't bother ordering a new board.
- Cab has marks and scuffs as you might expect

If you'd like to come check it out, and play it we're in Tooting near the national rail station. Work from home so can make any time work.

£2500

Current Price 29th Oct:
£2000

Any questions or more pics, happy to help!

Last edited:
What was the original listing price ? Be good to know what the initial listing asking price was against what it then sells for, for future reference.

We've had the wireform professionally repaired with the mounts both welded perfectly back in place. Stronger than ever before. More pics on the drive link in the original post

1698410209728.png

thanks for the pics im more worried re the hacks £ ????? and the back glass £300 cabinet repairs poss £3-4-500 good luck with it , im at £ 1400 max im afraid .

thanks for the pics im more worried re the hacks £ ????? and the back glass £300 cabinet repairs poss £3-4-500 good luck with it , im at £ 1400 max im afraid .

Nearly all original bk2k backglasses are like this and I think it actually looks good or is barely noticeable.

I paid 2.5k for mine with similar issues (minus board 'hacks'). Without LEDs and same backglass issues.

FB_IMG_1698417949247.jpg
20221006_121742.jpg
Can you tell?

Mines nearly in identical condition to the one for sale and I'd consider 2.4k pretty good.
I think for £1400 you'd get a proper project, trashed playfield (badly removed mylar with risen inserts)if you're lucky.

I agree that board hacks can be worrying, this is all original electronics so there's going to be gremlins eventually.

We haven't looked at it much since testing it all with DMM and cleaning up some of the connections.

System 11 boards are available these days but as I said once it was working we've just played it and kept it clean.

Here's the two connectors which are involved, it's quite ugly and probably not the way I'd do it from scratch - but someone did solve a problem and it's working:
1698420356548.png

An interconnect board is 189 USD from Marco or RAS or PinballDisplays may have one in the country. It's just not a step we wanted to take once it was playing. Right or wrong.

Agreed that the way the inserts and backglass wears doesn't really show. Pic and video below.

51f6f44d-6c21-4d85-a4cd-2a5cd821a382.jpeg

If you wanted a mint bk2k these days I think you'd spend a 1400 budget on the repro playfield and backglass alone.

Do encourage people to come see the machine, but happy to try get as much info as people need.

Ive already got 2 amazing pins f14 pimped up really good nick and indy 500 again same , not in any rush , see what happens , thanks

The issue with the connectors need the pins and molex connectors changing at the same time. No point in just doing one or the other.

But there is no reason to buy a new board. That is an easy repair.

True, I wouldn't devalue the game for that considering how small a job it is.
The most annoying thing is getting the board out🤣

I have a BK2k that sits in my classics room aka office. Although ive only recently acquired it for the 2nd time in 30yr it won’t ever be leaving as it’s my fave Sys11.
I actually prefer this to SOR and I had an LE with its topper ranked best of all time so that tells you something.
What’s not to like it’s super fast, soundtrack to die for and one of the best backglasses ever made in fact my No1 for sure.
Whoever gets this I’m sure will appreciate it.

I have a BK2k that sits in my classics room aka office. Although ive only recently acquired it for the 2nd time in 30yr it won’t ever be leaving as it’s my fave Sys11.
I actually prefer this to SOR and I had an LE with its topper ranked best of all time so that tells you something.
What’s not to like it’s super fast, soundtrack to die for and one of the best backglasses ever made in fact my No1 for sure.
Whoever gets this I’m sure will appreciate it.
Agreed, beautiful fast and great audio. £2100 is a bargain for sure.

Thanks for the kind words all. Shame to see it go, but have an IJ arriving tomorrow..

Not that we can't fit more pins in the lounge...

£2000 FINAL PRICE REDUCTION else we will re-theme this into a Gilmore Girls 2000.

Martin due tomorrow, so quick pickup maybe possible

Nice one Col.

The pictures of this pin don't really do it justice. The crazing on the inserts are basically unnoticeable once on.

With rebuilt pops and the new coil sleeves and rubbers we installed, it plays hard and fast. Real blast and we'd love to keep it but unfortunately space is a premium in a London flat!

Back
Top Bottom