What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Hurt Shop Log

Spandangler

Site Supporter
This isn't really a proper shop log so to speak! I hadn't planned to post this from the start so there aren't comprehensive stage by stage photos like normal. It's more of a couple of before, during and after pics.

Its a game I joint own with a mate. We keep it at his shop and normally have a project on the go.
This was James G's (system11) and was fully working, just dirty. Although after a few weeks of light play, the glove motor packed up so we did have to replace that.

I love the way Gottlieb layout the underside of the playfield. It's like a guy with OCD's garage!! Every component is outlined and marked as to what should be there. The wiring is really neat and tidy.
The game feels sturdy and well built. There are loads of wire forms and ramps and cool shots and features. A cool feature is pressing both flipper buttons simultaneously when the ball is in the pop bumpers, kills them and allows the ball to drop down to a cellar hole quicker, instead of the ball getting tied up for ages when you're in a hurry to make another shot before it times out.

Regretfully the BH is up for sale to fund my Taxi (not fintanstacks, another one!). I have a buyer lined up but if it falls through I'll list it on here.

Anyway here are a few pics of the before and during

Once again apologies for the iPhone pics and the orientation of some of them.

BEFORE:

The wireforms were VERY rusty and corroded

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Note in the pic below the dreaded Gottlieb wear in front of the flippers!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

More to follow

During

Mid tear down/reassembly. At this point the pf has been treasure coved. It's come up lovely. The main pf is mylared.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The OCD under playfield.!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

After

And all back together. The pf has been touched up and given a final wax. The flipper bats were filthy and wouldn't clean up, so we sprayed them white and lacquered them. They look great now. Also treasure coved the outside of the cab as well as re staining the black inside the cab and back box. The legs were removed and polished inside and out.
A brand new NOS translite installed. It looks great now. Gutted to be selling but needs must.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom