What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better say Hello then.... And admit my Pinball Addiction

Tony

Site Supporter
Alias
Tony
On the back of a few recent threads, thought I’d better get around to introducing myself, I’ve been a lurker for quite a while and a member for a couple of months, so here goes....

Hello:wave: I’m Tony and I think that pinball addiction has got me! And probably always had!

It all started about 20 years ago when my family ran a pub, and we used to have a pinball machine in it (Not many pubs with pins around nowadays:(), and of course when you had the keys you could play as much as you wanted out of hours, so as you can imagine I had a lot of fun!
Then unfortunately work life and the first wife got in the way, so it took me another 10 years to finally get round to owning my own first pin a Data East Star wars which i owned for about a year and was fantastic. Then that life and kitchen thing got in the way! Then the extension second wife etc.......
So for the last three years or so I’ve been buying the odd pinball, cleaning them up, replacing rubbers, fixing bits and bobs playing them etc, etc... I’ve even managed to sell a couple! Wonder if Judge Dredd still has my old T2? And as far as I’m aware I still own the record for the highest Gilligan’s Island sale of recent years? (Not that that’s really anything to be proud of?)
Anyway I’m getting carried away, here’s the current problem (And final admission of the addiction) my wife wants “her” garage back but it’s now full of my pinball’s, 3 (full projects), 1(1/2 Project) 1 (nearly finished project), and 1 (fully working, but not quite back together) so there’s currently no room for the wife’s car.
There I’ve finally admitted it, but on reading it back I probably like fixing them more than playing? As theres not one fully playable at the moment!!! Surely that can’t be right?:hmm:
I’ve enjoyed this site and there really are some talented people on here so keep up the good work.
Thanks

Tony

Bit of a leading question that;) not a Owls or Blades!, I'm more of a Rugby Man myself although I only really only get a chance to watch the internationals, i did enjoy the RWC recently, I did try to get into the local football and i do enjoy watching a really good match, but i can't seam to follow a team that just kicks the ball up in the air from one side to the other all match? or maybe that was just a reflection of the teams around here a few years ago!! Might be time to give it another go?

Fair enough. I used to show the Sheffield Eagles a bit of love back in the day but not kept up since moving down this end of the woods.:cool:

this second wife knew about your hobby when she got with you, right? so her car can go outside (where pins can't go) as it's waterproof.

Wednesday all the way for me if i had to choose ..... and when it comes to Sheffield, have you seen the latest Hitler reacts video, where he rants about the new bus routes?

and welcome

this second wife knew about your hobby when she got with you, right? so her car can go outside (where pins can't go) as it's waterproof.

Wednesday all the way for me if i had to choose ..... and when it comes to Sheffield, have you seen the latest Hitler reacts video, where he rants about the new bus routes?

and welcome
She did when we went to pick up the Star Wars!! Just watched the Hitler bus route, Very Funny :D

Welcome Tony.
Never thought I'd hear a woman call a garage hers, very strange.

Back
Top Bottom