What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Rubber Rings?

astyy

Play Flipper Games for Fun and Recreation
Alias
Dont be nosey :-)
What are the best rubber rings people using these days? I fancy a black set, but want nice glossy, flexible ones made of the modern plastic materials.

These super band ones look cool and remind me of Fruit Polos (but less sticky once opened hopefully),

nebula_wsimg_com_obj_NkYyNkRCRjhEQTEzRjAxMTdGNTE6YTZjYWYzNTMxY90f2819cf88d9edf7f189022b777ef83.jpg

I hear a lot of people praising the Titan competition rings. Look similiar to what you have posted above.

https://www.titanpinball.com/

Personally though I tend to stick with the standard kits, unless someone has put coloured rings on a game already.

Last edited:
I don't like those coloured rubbers. The unnatural spin they put on the ball is ridiculous.

I've got Super Bands (flippers) on both my Pins. Wouldn't say they play massively different to regular bands but I definitely think they look better and come in a nice choice of colours.

I've got Super Bands (flippers) on both my Pins. Wouldn't say they play massively different to regular bands but I definitely think they look better and come in a nice choice of colours.
last longer and easier to keep clean too. Not everyone's cup of tea though.

I like the look of those Titan rings too. I have a few Super band posts on games. Exceptionally bouncy - but don't disintegrate overnight.

Last edited:
Thx for all the replies.

I use Super Bands on flippers and do find they play differently, especially noticeable to me on early games. I'm not sure if I prefer the play of them but like the fact they are shiny and easily wipe clean. What I definitely don't prefer is fitting the flipping things.

I'd like to try a black ring set but the ones I've seen are more charcoal grey than black and reportedly aren't bouncy like trad white, hence I'd like to try something of a modern polyurethane rather than rubber basis.

What I like on the Titan site that Archyta5 mentioned is that people recommend custom kits for specific machines.

I'm talking about a full ring set for the pf - I'm sure flipper Super Bands feel the same whatever colour.

I'm talking about a full ring set for the pf - I'm sure flipper Super Bands feel the same whatever colour.
Yep. Though they DEFINITELY feel different to regular rubber. Less bounce which is very noticeable if you like to dead pass, and they do seem to grip the ball better meaning control and catching a moving ball seems a little easier.

I bought a full set of clear rubbers, red Super Bands and a set of black balls for Rosie all from Pinball Centre.

She's quite happy with all that for now! :hmm:

Yep. Though they DEFINITELY feel different to regular rubber. Less bounce which is very noticeable if you like to dead pass, and they do seem to grip the ball better meaning control and catching a moving ball seems a little easier.
I've just put superbands on my RFM. They definitely feel more 'grippy' - the ball seems to stick to them better. I like them but can see why some don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't like the superbands until i was sent a pair instead of the standard rubber. Now they're all i buy. Hard to fit but a million times easier to clean. They do play slightly different but if you can control a ball i don't find it effects the gameplay too much.

Back
Top Bottom