What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Pinball Books

Markjduk

Registered
Alias
MartyMcFly
Anyone got any recommendations for good pinball books? I just finished Pinball Wizards: Jackpots, Drains, and the Cult of the Silver Ball which I can recommend to other pinheads out there.

The Pinball Compendium (3 of them, but I've only got the 1982 to present volume) is great just to read about all the machines, and includes loads of interviews.

Pinball Wizardry, by Polin and Rain is about the theory of playing pinball.

..and they are the only 2 I've got so far.

Deleted.

@Gary Flower - if you wish to sell things on the site, that is fine, however you have to be a site supporter (I.e. make a site donation) to do so - Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd also recommend the pinball compendium volumes ( all 4 of them if you include the EM volume), there's also the books by marco rossignoli by the same publisher.
would love to see another volume of the compendium books as the 1982-present volume ends at 2005, loads more material available since then.

Last edited:
Pinball Art by Keith Temple is great. My pinball compendiums are amongst my prize possessions as they are signed by many pinball luminarys some of whom are sadly no longer with us. Gary's Lure of the Silver Ball is a great book , it introduced a lot of folks to the hobby as was widely available. . My favourite arcade book is Invasion of the Space Invaders by renowned author Martin Amis (although he has since tried to forget it even exists!) . for nice pictures of EMS you can't beat the Pinball Portfolio coffee table which pops up on eBay around £20 quite a lot

Can it be true?.......can it?....or is it fake news.........
Well excited about receiving this!.......at long last. @myPinballs

https://www.kickstarter.com/project..._email_backer_project_update_registered_users
View attachment 118829

Jesus christ, talk about the worst of what kickstarter can be. Totally lost interest in the bloody thing, how many years since it was promised?? not 30 years of stern anymore either is it. lol.. I might just burn the frikin thing now!! And no idea if they even remember who funded them it was that long ago... i have zero faith of receiving anything. Total k**b jockeys

A serious point aswell is that i most likely wont have all the great new stern games in it from the last few years either. They noodled about doing not much for too long....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom