What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best method of cleaning metal ramps etc

geardownthreegreens

Registered
Hi guys

In the process of cleaning up my newly acquired T3 which i'm now starting to really enjoy and wondered what the best thing is to use for the metal ramps.
You kind of see an area where the ball has travelled and i'd like to polish that out if possible. Also the VUK sides i'd like to polish up,obviously with the same process.
Could wire wool be used do you think? Wet and dry paper? or just novus 3 ? any ideas greatfully received. :)

Si

You kind of see an area where the ball has travelled and i'd like to polish that out if possible.

Honestly it's not worth the effort. You can spend time polishing out the ball trails using wet and dry but after a few games they come straight back. If you've got them off the game then give them a wash with warm soapy water and a scotchbrite pad and then polish up with some Autosol. If your cleaning them in place on the game then give them a wipe down to get any major dirt off then polish with Autosol.

Ah, lovely jubbly. Off to B and Q it is.
The ramps are brushed.
Yes, think these scotchbrite pads could work quite well. May get some wire wool at same time, but will report back.
The ramps will be coming off so will wash them also as recommended

Cheers guys
Si

Cheers Rudedogg. Too late :p bought both lol. Just walked the dogs to B&Q so now have wire wool and scotch pads. Always come in handy anyway(wool) so will have a quick go with it later. Looking forward to results.

Si

Back
Top Bottom