What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baywatch missing diode on vuk switch

broomstick

Site Supporter
Alias
Andy Broom (Broomy)
Just going through a couple of faults on baywatch and there seems to be a missing diode on the vuk. Does the diode go between free terminal and white/yellow wire and which way does diode go, anode to white/yellow and cathode to free terminal, not very good with schematics, any help much appreciated cheers Andy1aac7e041e8f4697d19874543f893cda.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hello, Andy,

I'm not entirely familiar with DE/Sega games, but I'd think that the diode is connected between the outer terminals of the switch, i.e. free and White-yellow. As to direction, it's used to complete the switch circuit, but also to stop other lines feeding onto the White-yellow. So the anode goes to the free terminal, i.e. with the 'arrow' symbol of the device pointing away from the 'row' wire (White-yellow in this case). Apart from the different trace colours, any similar switches on the playfield would be a reference - Green/trace (column) wire to centre, White-trace (row) to the further-spaced terminal and the diode across the switch.

Last edited:
Hello, Andy,

I'm not entirely familiar with DE/Sega games, but I'd think that the diode is connected between the outer terminals of the switch, i.e. free and White-yellow. As to direction, it's used complete the switch circuit, but also to stop other lines feeding onto the White-yellow. So the anode goes to the free terminal, i.e. with the 'arrow' symbol of the device pointing away from the 'row' wire (White-yellow in this case). Apart from the different trace colours, any similar switches on the playfield would be a reference - Green/trace (column) wire to centre, White-trace (row) to the further-spaced terminal and the diode across the switch.
Brilliant was looking at the rollover switches and they are as you described, cheers pal thanks for you help [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom