What's new

Battlefield games

Since I got into pinball, video games don't get a look in.

None of my pins are at my house at the moment so video games is all I've got......just finished Tomb Raider on the PS4 :D

Anyone playing Battlefield 1 (PC) ?

I'm trying ..... but even as a BF veteran (BF2/3/4) I am finding this one insanely difficult to find my feet in multiplayer :( The least amount of fun I've had with a BF game. I want to like it but finding it soooooo frustrating to play. Just brutal.

Maybe I'm getting too old for this sh*t :D

BF2 was and still is the best BF.

Errrrr I think you'll find Battlefield Vietnam was and still is the best ;)

I used to be in the field every night. Lost my gaming mojo about 2 years ago :(

I am rank 30 now and loving it, bayonet charge very cool. get the medic sniper version gun, awesome kill range and rate of fire.
Best bf i have played, but i prefer ww2 games so ww1 was always going to appeal too.
takes a bit of getting to grips with, especially spotting by keep using the q button to highlite enemy soldiers and the ability to use the 3 different zooms on the scope via the v button to get the gun dialled in is a nice touch.
took me a few hours of play to get a better gun, also squad play is very good

I am rank 30 now and loving it, bayonet charge very cool. get the medic sniper version gun, awesome kill range and rate of fire.
Best bf i have played, but i prefer ww2 games so ww1 was always going to appeal too.
takes a bit of getting to grips with, especially spotting by keep using the q button to highlite enemy soldiers and the ability to use the 3 different zooms on the scope via the v button to get the gun dialled in is a nice touch.
took me a few hours of play to get a better gun, also squad play is very good

I'll try and stick with it. TBH I haven't put many hours on it yet ...I'm rank 10 ...god knows how I even got to that as I just get my ass kicked constantly :rofl:

I have seriously struggled with this game from the outset, but now seem to have found my feet. I played the 10 hour access thing before the release and quickly realised that the level of players skill these days has risen considerably. I blame it all on Youtube and Twitch.tv as everyone now thinks they can make a few quid by streaming their game time or by making gaming vids. Lone wolfing is a bit tricky with this release, so the best gaming is done with a team of friends on teamspeak all in the same squad, working to the same goal.

Anyway, i'm on around a 650 score per min, a 2.25 Kill/Death ratio, and 450 skill level. Level 70. 100 hours in. I sometimes play with an ESL team from Finland who can empty a server with cries of cheating within ten minutes. They kinda take some of the fun out of the game by totally picking it apart and methodically training around certain areas like spawns, attack/defend zones etc... whereas i run in and try to kill everything i can before i die. The more i play with these folk, the more i can see many others taking the game extremely seriously with lots of competitive players currently racing to the higher ranks. Walking in to a server with these kinds of players totally alone, will result in your frustration levels going through the roof. Now, there is also some cheating going on as with all BF's, but mostly, it will be seriously skilled players mopping the floor with everybody.

Classes:

Assault: Automatico 'trench', Rocket gun, M1911, Gas grenades
(Run around close quarters, chuck gas nades, wait for some damage from gas grenade, then run in spraying the shiz out of them with the automatico - by far my most successful package to kill en masse)
Medic: Mondragon sniper, M1911, smoke grenades, medic crate, syringe
(Mid to long range fighting. Useful gun to suppress whilst having accuracy to kill, smoke to cover wide open advance, medicrate and syringe to sort yourself and others)
Scout: SMLE marksman, Mars automatic pistol
(Mid to long range, I prefer mid range fighting with this class as you can finish foes off with the mars automatic (think deagle from BF3/4). Stick and move after every kill.)
Support: BAR, Ammo crate, M1911, Impact grenade
(crappy class but i always stay with my team using this one, BAR is very accurate compared to the other choices, impact grenade in the face to bayonet chargers)

I mostly play with a group of like minded guys mostly from UK/Ireland. I did a couple of audio edits for our personal amusement of some game induced rage) First one is a guy from Birmingham in his late 30's. Second is guy from Ireland in his late 40's - Both long time friends and really sums up the feelings of both of them when presented with the current BF release (Warning - LOTS of swearing):

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Nib9duEuDn

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0JAaXIj2ZHU

Last edited:
I mostly play with a group of like minded guys mostly from UK/Ireland. I did a couple of audio edits for our personal amusement of some game induced rage) First one is a guy from Birmingham in his late 30's. Second is guy from Ireland in his late 40's - Both long time friends and really sums up the feelings of both of them when presented with the current BF release (Warning - LOTS of swearing):

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Nib9duEuDn

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0JAaXIj2ZHU

Hahaha ....that sounds like me most rounds, glad I'm not alone :D

It's super funny when someone goes off in teamspeak. Of course, no sympathy is to be found from your fellow soldiers. hahaha.

Both of those guys are now over rank 20 and have found their feet with the kill. That was just some audio of the first few days of playing.

nice 1 Rus, vgood kd too, I play with a clan and some on there are very good , and help older gits like me :)

Been playing it a bit more. Coming to conclusion I just bloody suck too much at this one :rofl: Just cannot get a handle on it. Its looks and sounds incredible but I cant play for more than an hour before losing interest. I feel little urge to stick with it ....unlike all the others. I think my BF days are over.

The BF2 glory days were always my era. It simply had the best maps/rules/commander/strategy structure.

First pinball mojo gone, now BF. What the hell is happening:D

Last edited:
Strange, I only lasted a few weeks with bf3 and 4, but like this one , but I loved early cod releases ww2 so must be the era appealing to me.

The original Karkand was epic, but they ruined it with collapsing buildings in the later offerings imo. Sharqi Peninsula, and road to Jalalabad were my favs.

Attack plane with bombs in third person view is a good way to get loads of kills when getting frustrated with infantry stuff. Or even hanging around in the Light tank does major damage when you hang back a bit.

Well I'm playing a bit more and having 'fun' ....kind of .............. I still utterly suck in terms of killing people ...just cannot hit **** with any guns :rofl: But I have accepted my ****ness, not unusual to go 4 - 20+ :rofl: Weird never was this bad on the others. Oh well, score plenty of points PTFO nonetheless

I'm playing it more than pinball, which says a lot for my pin mojo :rolleyes:

Well I'm playing a bit more and having 'fun' ....kind of .............. I still utterly suck in terms of killing people ...just cannot hit **** with any guns :rofl: But I have accepted my ****ness, not unusual to go 4 - 20+ :rofl: Weird never was this bad on the others. Oh well, score plenty of points PTFO nonetheless

I'm playing it more than pinball, which says a lot for my pin mojo :rolleyes:

But but you survived nam!

Back
Top Bottom