What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Holder Corrosion

DRD

Registered
image.jpg I have an externally mounted switch that lets pedestrians into my garage by activating the electric door. It is wireless and powered by 4x aa batteries

As it typical with German products nowadays. It was too expensive. It is well designed. But its' effectiveness is crippled by rubbish imported subcomponents. I have already had one replaced under warranty, but that has now expired

A likely culprit looks to be this corroding battery holder, which doubtless cost pence. I don't think it is caused by water ingress, rather minor condensation/ being exposed to ambient external temperature variations

Does anyone know of a way to stop this happening (spray with a rust resistant but electrically conducting product ?), or know of battery holders (marine ?) that are better quality (gold plated ?) so less likely to corrode

Many thanks

can you not use a 6 volt battery like used on motor bikes
and place inside with a lead running to your unit?:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom