What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batteries again !!

Super fast replies from several people, thanks :) At least I can rest easy that there isn't something wrong with the machine. Gutted I lost several 900M scores though. I haven't come close to that in many, many months.

Super fast replies from several people, thanks :) At least I can rest easy that there isn't something wrong with the machine. Gutted I lost several 900M scores though. I haven't come close to that in many, many months.
Couple of rubber bands across the outlanes will sort that right out

Though I will say that depending on the game, I would elect to leave that setting on, simply because it would be criminal to not be able to see and hear the light and sound shows some games dish out for high scores. Absolute best in class for me is Space Station:

Never topped IMO.

A plan so fiendish it might just work. :) To be honest, since waxing TZ it's become brutal and the highest scores I've managed is ~400M. Ah well, at least GC is still there.

That Space Station lightshow is awesome!

Good thing to have in a routed game - gives a few more people a chance to get that dopamine hit of claiming a high score without your usual suspects preventing anyone from getting a high score ever; while leaving the grand champion score forever etched in the arcade's history. (Forever; until the sodding batteries ran out)

At home though? More likely to just be a mild ****er.

I suggested to Williams to have this reset occur on a time interval rather than number of plays, for places which had a week-long competition/reward running

re. the high score light show on Space Station; while works' example was in, I tried L-5 program chips in it instead of its installed L-3. I then found out why L-5 had been retired - during the h/s routine, solenoids began pulsing instead of the flashbulbs, resulting in blown fuses

Ive been running CR2032 in both my Getaway and Funhouse for over a year no issues. Solder a holder through the plus hole where the battery holder was and drill a hole for the other connection to the 0v below.

Ive been running CR2032 in both my Getaway and Funhouse for over a year no issues. Solder a holder through the plus hole where the battery holder was and drill a hole for the other connection to the 0v below.
Any pics :)

I think I linked the neg of B3 to the back of the holder also

Attachments

• photo_6444422495868258010.jpg
    photo_6444422495868258010.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 39
What’s the generally held view about changing batteries of the lithium variety... every year? Mine are ~14 months old.

I guess there will be no obvious sign of them losing charge besides booting the pins to Factory Settings Restored one day?

What’s the generally held view about changing batteries of the lithium variety... every year? Mine are ~14 months old.

I guess there will be no obvious sign of them losing charge besides booting the pins to Factory Settings Restored one day?
Change them every year on the same memorable date, xmas eve, NYD, your birthday, etc.
That way you won't forget and there's little chance of them ever leaking

Can’t help as I jumped straight from Alkaline to NVRAM.

Alkaline was yearly, but lithium aren’t supposed to leak and last longer, so in theory could be left longer.

Changing them yearly will start to add up too - after a few years it might nearly be as much as just doing NVRAM in the 1st place!

Just changed the one's in my stern machine's after about 3-4 years of owning a nib , think theses lithium batteries last about 5 years but changed them away !!

So yes chap's if you have not received a message from Mel from one stoppinball to remind you to change your batteries , Now is the time people :thumbs:

I heard that a good soak in warm water clears the board of all that mess

Followed by a good spray of electrical cleaner to remove the water
You have to neutralise the board with White vinegar as well to stop the corrosion carrying on eating the board too :)

Back
Top Bottom