What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barry O's BBQ Challenge - American Pinball

From pinside

'I think the existence of BBQ has made people instantly more amenable to buying anything else.'

hahahahahahahha, oops

You'd have thought they would have levelled the machine prior to video gameplay. Massive lean to the left. Looks good though.

I have already seen this at Expo and it looks very pretty but my point was 'who' designed it.

They're up against Barry Oursler. Legend pinball designer.

I have already seen this at Expo and it looks very pretty but my point was 'who' designed it.

Who cares, my point is play both and see which is better. Just because you have a design from an old classic williams guy doesnt make it a great game.

Which means absolutely nothing to the majority of the modern day NIB buyers.

Those like us who frequent Pinballinfo or Pinside are a very small percentage of the NIB market. The majority of the market don’t know who Barry O is.

Played it today. It's actually decent, with some nice ideas (saucer ball locks that turn into bash toys, shot passages with dropdowns on the side). But the flippers were spongey, and this was at the start of the day, so not a great sign.

Felt very Sys11, but possibly should have had an art direction to match that. The cab art is woeful.

All in all, not bad, but up against a Jaws pro it has no hope.

Played it today. It's actually decent, with some nice ideas (saucer ball locks that turn into bash toys, shot passages with dropdowns on the side). But the flippers were spongey, and this was at the start of the day, so not a great sign.

Felt very Sys11, but possibly should have had an art direction to match that. The cab art is woeful.

All in all, not bad, but up against a Jaws pro it has no hope.
Did you play the updated ninja eclipse, what did you think compared to bbq and jaws?

p.s my jaws pro arrives tuesday lol

Jaws pro all day.

I didn't play NE at expo so can't compare to how much better it is (Neil says a lot) but I'd still probably place it near BBQ. Not sure which is better though tbh.

Jaws pro all day.

I didn't play NE at expo so can't compare to how much better it is (Neil says a lot) but I'd still probably place it near BBQ. Not sure which is better though tbh.
And there's the rub, you have to offer something different to steer cash in your direction when stern keeps delivering quality fun games! I see spooky and jjp able to do this and have their own followers these days, but ap seems to have dropped down somewhat and entering the market for turner is hard.

What about barrels and labyrinth, seems pretty quiet from them or people talking about it. Maybe just got lost in the all the other buzz?

Still lots of buzz around Lab, but again I was noticing weak flipper issues (Paul also) same as expo. This doesn't seem to be a thing on the lab thread at all, the left outlane has pulled more complaints so I dunno, maybe it's just me!

They were relegated to the back left corner at the show which was a bit strange.

Back
Top Bottom