What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barcrest MPU5 Help

FinalFight

Site Supporter
My donna kebab machines been fine for months and the other week while at the arcade i got loads of £1 coins to fill it up but someone must of pressed collect cash last time it was used.. normally i clear this quite easy but this time i couldnt work it out so i thought i know i will check the battery on the board an see if theres some sort of reset settings.. So checked the battery it was around 3.1v.. then i removed the little jumper for a bit and put it back like an idiot thinking it will clear the settings... So i put the machine back on and all i get is a constant check it out! Theres nothing on the display and none of the machine bulbs come on.. I looked at the lights on the mpu5 and its 12 green and 2 red but when i look that up is says its flat battery :/

Any help would be great im gutted its not running

I find my MPU5 machine to be very temperamental. It really doesn't like the cold and I get random check it out errors constantly. Removing the game card and bringing it in the house and leaving it for a few hours to get up to room temp normally does the trick. I had the flat battery error once and pulled the speaker cables off and left the machine on overnight but it didn't solve it - simply bringing the card inside got it working that time. I also got a new game card with new chip and battery fly wired off it (cost £50) but the damn thing still barks check it out regularly and i still have to bring that game card into the house to get it working too. You could try either moving the game card into a warm environment for a while or take the speaker cables off and leave the machine powered on to see if that helps you.

Thanks for the reply jason.. yeah i tried that leaving it running without speakers connected to charge battery i read it online but no joy either... i will try bringing it inside or warming room up.. driving me mad as it worked before i took the jumper off and put it back

Been reading online and ive read a few times when mpu5 has had battery changed and the jumper off it normally fails to boot until you clear the ram.. you can make a cart up (i cant do this lol) also read someone shorted pins to do it but i havent a clue what ones?
Any help would be great i really want to get this running again

Back
Top Bottom