What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bandit Coin Mech problems...

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Ok this is off topic, however has some relevance….

Old one armed bandit – has a 1p coin acceptor in….

bandit1m-1.jpg

However the large block at the top in the centre is a Magnet. Not sure how many of you were aware, but the Royal mint changed the 1p coins in the 80’s and 90’s to make them magnetic (the older ones weren’t) so therefore if a new 1p coin is used then it just stops there on the magnet.

bandit2-1.jpg

Above pic of magnet that stops the coins….

So – anyone know how I can get round this issue? Obviously you can’t remove it as the coins would all fall out the side, cant see how you would cover it as the magnetism would still work it’s way through….

Any thoughts?? It will currently only take older 1p coins – would rather it took them all!!

Cheers

Paul

It's difficult to tell, and I have to admit that coin mech's have never been my forte, but it looks like a standard S10 mech would go in there in place of it (pull the lever up at the back of the pic and swing the mech out to the side from it's frame). But I don't know that I've ever heard of an 1p S10 mech though.

Back
Top Bottom