What's new

Bambi in the house, so now I've got wood!

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Well Bambi arrived at the start of last week, which caused me to a have a little problem......

WP_000316.jpg
While the LHS of my games room looks like this...

WP_000324.jpg

The RHS is.... well a bit of a disaster really. Much like a farmer with an EU subsidiary, I've just dumped stuff in there since the LPC and there is absolutely no way it can fit.:confused1:

WP_000320.jpg

Actually it's worse than that as there are another 4 machines out of shot. The logical thing would be to sell something and thin down the collection.

Obviously this wasn't going to happen, so my solution....

WP_000256.jpg

Went with Dunster House in the end. Sadly my idea of getting it done for a grand was WAY off. Think I'm looking at 5k in reality. Couldn't really hide this one from the wife either. Anyway, thanks to Tim and his dad I got this little lot through the house (bloody London terraces) and with a lot of help from Julian and Tim it's now coming together

WP_000314.jpg

Still needs work to be done (maybe another day to finish the shingles). Bit worried about the floor taking all the weight, so might use a 2nd layer to help spread the weight of the machines. Electrics should be done within 2 weeks by a contractor.

WP_000283.jpg

Think I should be able to get 6 machines set up in there (it's 5m x 3m) as well as a lot of the crap Anna insists we need such as a lawnmower.

Fingers crossed it a) gets finished b) remains waterproof (no leaks this week despite the downpours) c) takes the weight of the machines + plus size gents playing it = don't think I'm going to risk sitting STTNG and RFM in there. Probably start of with the lighter DE/STERNS/SEGAs

Oh, and in the spirit of revealing how I got permission for a 2nd games room. It's costing me a fortune as Anna is now demanding a new patio is return and is making noises about getting the outside of the house repainted. Not quite sure she realises that the new space is in addition to the existing room but she'll figure it out quite soon.......

You guys make me laugh how you try to fool the wifes. I wouldn't worry to much about the weight I know people that use a similar set up for fish houses. Rows of fish tanks full of water is a lot heavier ;)

Does anyone think we actually fool the other half's? I think they use it to make demands of us like patio's and lawn mowers, new kitchens and holidays.
We could spend this money on Badger hunting or darts but instead wisely invest it in saving a sport that was in decline for so long. We are preserving history for the next generation and I for one will be helping to spread the word and get more pinball machines into mine and other peoples houses.

Good work on the cabin John, I will have a chat with you later about it as I have an idea for my own house...

Sport?!? Really? I look forward then, to spending the day in the company of fine athletes in the peak of their physical condition. Possibly the only group that make bowlers and dart players look slim:party:

very nice, John, very nice indeed. is this the same size as the one we did this video for?

[video=youtube;Iio8AXjULAY]

i want to see some more pics of the BBH, as i've only ever seen one in the flesh one time i think. maybe two. what's the game about (ok, it's about shooting animals dead) and can we see some close ups of the toys please?

there's gonna be quite a crowd there today at the London & SE league meet in Farnborough at Matt Adams' place, he still has the finest collection i've ever seen, and Dylan will be going for his second time - i think last year may have been his first ever pinmeet, when he was 4 months old and easy to carry. at 10kg, he is now less fun to lug around, so i will be looking for people to cuddle or entertain him every so often, for the sake of my back. Matt's daughter Kaidee has already been recruited.

these are the games we will get to play on -AC/DC BIBLE, Cirqus Voltaire, Last Action Hero, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, Revenge from Mars, The Addams Family, Batman Returns, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Who Dunnit, Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Shadow, CSI, Flintstones, Medieval Madness, Wizard of Oz, Nitro Ground Shaker.

Back
Top Bottom