What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bally Zenon sound

Kilt

Registered
I have a 1980 Zenon that plays mechanical sounds when the ball hits the playfield side targets. I had this machine years ago and the side targets would say have a female voice of Ow AHH when hit. Is this sound another board chip or switch setting?

I have a 1980 Zenon that plays mechanical sounds when the ball hits the playfield side targets. I had this machine years ago and the side targets would say have a female voice of Ow AHH when hit. Is this sound another board chip or switch setting?

Hi

There is a setting for sounds. It's #18 on the self test switch on the coin door. Press it 18 times until #18 shows in the ball in pay display, then press the replay button to setting 03. Yours may be set to 01 which gives a chime sound effect.

Hope that helps

cheers

nick

Since 'soft' adjustments like this are held in the Cmos Ram, I'd check the 3.6v battery too. As a renowned tech told me once, "setting all of them (16 through 19) to 03 is generally best".

Ooh ah ow em .. yes definitely try option 18 first. Chime option was added at the beginning on bally solid state as some operators were wary of the new fangled sounds . Leaving this option on until Blackwater 100 in 1987 seems mad though !

Back
Top Bottom