What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Bally Wizard EM

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
Bally Wizard - £1000 Ono

All works, played 1 game before collecting. Backglasss look like new. Some minor playfield wear. Cabinet good, one side better than other in terms of a little red fade. Playfield needs a clean, possibly new bumper parts. Not seen one of these myself in the flesh. Pretty iconic game. Think is one of the last em games.

Will update this thread with all the details & pics tomorrow from the original multiple fs thread

Bally Wizard - £1000 Ono

All works, played 1 game before collecting. Backglasss look like new. Some minor playfield wear. Cabinet good, one side better than other in terms of a little red fade. Playfield needs a clean, possibly new bumper parts. Not seen one of these myself in the flesh. Pretty iconic game. Think is one of the last em games.

Will update this thread with all the details & pics tomorrow from the original multiple fs thread
If you would trade it would be a great edition to go with my tommy and captain fantastic

If you would trade it would be a great edition to go with my tommy and captain fantastic

Yep it certainly would fit in your line up nicely. I'm not really looking for trades at the mo, as space is limited. Straight sale preferred

More details: Playfield in great shape for a 42 year old game. No planking or bad wear. I think the plywood used on these elder games was of higher quality. Some small wear spots in usual places which is to be expected, such as around some places on a few of the pops. Also near one of the stand ups etc and left flipper and a mark on the upper ball rail (maybe just dirt). All 4 flipping flags are there, which i guess is the games 'toy'. Internally looks very tidy. There is a new high quality chime mechanism fitted to. Original coin box present to and backbox rear metal door with lock is also present. Backglass is perfect and looks like new.

Only thing that needs doing really is a clean and possibly changing the pop bumper skirts and caps. I would leave the playfield surface and cabinet alone.
CG is getting collected tomorrow morning and tommy went yesterday so this is getting setup Sunday afternoon :) so i can have a few 'classic' games :D Might even do a live stream if i have chance.

Detailed pics.

IMG_7994.JPG

IMG_8029.JPG
IMG_8030.JPG
IMG_8031.JPG
IMG_8032.JPG
IMG_8033.JPG
IMG_8034.JPG
IMG_8035.JPG
IMG_8036.jpg
IMG_8037.jpg
IMG_8038.JPG
IMG_8039.jpg
IMG_7996.jpg
IMG_7999.jpg
IMG_8001.jpg
IMG_8002.jpg
IMG_8003.jpg

Wanted one of these since i played one a couple of years ago. Just can't do it right now unfortunately. If anyones looking for a pin right now i wouldn't be put off that it's an em machine. Still a great game and priced right imo.

Update. I set this up on Sunday afternoon and played a few games. Noted a few issues with some features and set about fixing to make sure all working.

Following issues fixed:

- Flag setup and reset
- 1up to 4up lamp selection
- 1-4 can play lamp selection
- Ball in play lamp selection
- Spinner not registering
- Match lamp selection

Couple of other things to look at tomorrow, but playing rather nicely now.

Hi,

I wondered what looked wrong about the under-playfield photo; I'd expected the Bally modular flipper unit to be fitted. Wonder why this game reverted to the older type?

Wizard smashed all previous production figures esp for bally so maybe they had to use whatever parts in stock to meet demand?

all because "Bally table king" scans best when Pete Townsend wrote the lyrics otherwise the history of pinball might have been very different!

Hi,

I wondered what looked wrong about the under-playfield photo; I'd expected the Bally modular flipper unit to be fitted. Wonder why this game reverted to the older type?

'Wrong' with the underside of the playfield? Looks the same as the pic on ipdb to me

2 more things fixed tonight

- Fixed random scoring 100,000 lamp lighting on players 2,3,4 after 20,000 points.
- Fixed match selection

'Wrong' with the underside of the playfield? Looks the same as the pic on ipdb to me

No, it's clear that it/they had never had anything else fitted, but Bally had introduced a modular flipper a whole decade earlier (which made closing 'zipper' flipper units reasonably practical).

Back
Top Bottom