What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bally Williams start button light issue

K1ngArth3r

Registered
Alias
Tom-Tom
Whilst going over my Creature from the Black Lagoon pinball I noticed that the start button is not lit up (it's on free play).

I'm pretty sure I'm getting pulsing voltage from the bulb holder, but just to be sure I replaced the who assembly including new button and bulb.

I've measured D1 on the coin door interface board and getting the following reading, does this look in spec? I'm getting 0.L the other way.

Continuity from the lamp pin to the diode and then to the second pin on the right is good.

Attachments

• IMG_2229.jpg
    IMG_2229.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Thank you Paul :)

I double-checked the voltage to the bulb and I'm getting 0.900 vAC > 1.266 vAC so that doesn't look right at all.

I looked at the power board and could see the red connector was to the right position on J135 (in the picture I removed it) and the yellow/blue cable is connected to pin 4 on J138.

Should I hook the multi-meter to the pins on J135 and J137 to check voltage?

Attachments

• IMG_2231.jpg
    IMG_2231.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 21
I was just reading the operator's manual and it seems that J137 and J138 on my power board are the wrong way round?

Everything seems to be working except the start button lamp, should I switch J137 and J138 over?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 11.01.46.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 11.01.46.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 20
I also noticed on J136 that there is a cable connected to pins 1 and 3 but there is actually no pin for pin 1 as it's supposed to be key!

I measured continuity from the Yellow / Blue lamp cable running to the lamp to what should be J138-6 and it actually goes to J136-3

I measured continuity from the Lamp to J6-4 and its OK

I measured continuity from the Lamp to J1-2 and it FAILED

I measured continuity from the Lamp to D1 and its OK

D1 to J1-2 is OK

I traced J1-2 back and it's connected to J136-1 which goes to key!!

How best am I to fix this with the place that J1-2 supposed to go being already populated? Is the Yellow/Blue Lamp cable okay in J136-3?

Could move Red/Gray from J1-2 > J136-1 to J133-1 and then Yellow/Blue from J136-3 to J137-6?

P.S. Sorry for all the posts, this is my first pinball and I'm still learning.

Attachments

• Wiring.jpg
    Wiring.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom