What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BALLY VECTOR OFFICIANADOS POST HERE "Shoot for Vector fans!"

Have we not got enough Vector threads ?
It's got a pretty big percentage of the forum, must be the most talked about machine. God knows why.

I've just got my new one running with all its own boards for the first time (thanks to help from thoroughly decent chaps on the forum).
It's still a tad temperemental but some new headers, connectors and f'nurdling should settle it down.

Of course you will be a fan Luke, its an 80s Bally what's not to love?

I used to love playing vector when it was new. There was one on the seafront at boscombe beach. Since then have owned 2 and maintain one for a local customer. Prefer fathom personally. My lad Jack (18) says vector is boring! I say "hit the showers!" (That end of game quote used to drive me crazy as i could never figure out what he was saying. Then did a audio upgrade on one and it was obvious) ohh.......FYI smaller flipper (3" too big) on mini playfield no question keeps the flow going and the game more challenging.

Last edited:
Wife and daughter are going to Lincoln until tomorrow. Looks like I'm shopping a Vector. :clap:

Your Vector is looking very nice sir!
Thank you. Needs some fine tuning now. HYPE targets need new capacitors (they work but are intermittent when playing a game).
I also need to look into the flipper enable relay bring enable all the time.

Superband rubbers (those are a bar steward to put on) and new rubber nut (steady on Mrs).
I need to clean up the edges of the inserts.
All fully working now.

image.jpeg

A trick for the superbands .....

1. Remove flipper bat from game
  2. Put superband in position on the fatter end of the flipper
  3. Pass a piece of insulated wire (perhaps 20cm long) through the other end of the band
  4. Wrap said wire round your fingers/ wrist, gloved hand so you can stretch the superband
  5. Pull bloody hard to stretch the band and lever it into position over the thin end of the bat
  6. Slide the wire to the middle of the bat so you can easily remove it where the superband offers greatest flexibility
It is hard enough getting these fitted to stern and wpc games. It is even harder with these old Ballys, but I find this technique makes it much easier

Back
Top Bottom