What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Bally Strikes 'n' Spares

bluejonny

Registered
Thought I'd add my work to the fold. As most of you know I have gone from twelve machines to just two as I take stock of my own situation. Perhaps one day the bug will bite again and I will start to collect machines once more.

This machine was converted by Dave Rolfe and I back in 2011, and we turned it into a promotional machine for Cisco. A video filmed by Dave can still be found on YouTube:
. Now's the time to convert it back. I thought long and hard about doing it, but decided to put it back to how it was. A Cisco machine has no value to anyone, and I don't work there anymore, so no point.

Playfield.jpg
As you can see the playfield is "whitewood". The main reason I seem to recall is that this donor machine was shot to pieces anyway, so Dave I chose to sand it all off to get better adhesion of the new Cisco overlay.

Coindoor.jpg
The coin door is on the list for a polish, but you can see the original cab was painted black. The Cisco artwork has been removed.

Side.jpg
The sides will need work. I will sand this down and then get some stencils to apply the original artwork.

Apron.jpg
The apron was a mess (sorry, I didn't get a before shot), and was covered in rust with the original decals faded and scratched. So they have been removed.

Next stage is to remove all the inserts and clean them up, before the new playfield print arrives. To protect the playfield, I will get a pinball overlay, which is just excellent and well recommended. I have one on my Space Station and it's just awesome.

Cheers

Love a bit of strikes n' spares, it just feel like such a classic, simple yet fun pin. Looking forward to see you reverting it back from the Cisco machine

Back
Top Bottom