What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Bally Minizag 1968 shop log - The final furlong

Any recommendations on a good one?....seeing the paint chip off one of the legs was soul destroying 😄🤣😄🤣
I'd say send it to me and I can drop it to my local powder coaters. However shipping is going to murder you. :/

There must be a local powder coaters in your neck of the woods?

I'd say send it to me and I can drop it to my local powder coaters. However shipping is going to murder you. :/

There must be a local powder coaters in your neck of the woods?
Googled it last year and drew a blank, even considered buying a sand blast cabinet and powder coating kit, then got bored and obsessed about something else (probably a jukebox) 🤣🤣

So remembered that it's not safety glass when reassembling the frame. It's not done yet, but need to clear up ready for sorcerer on Thursday. Shards of glass on the floor make me nervous. Need to measure up to see if it's standard size.

IMG_20230612_182044529_HDR.jpg

Not standard size and will need foam strips to keep from rattling.

21" x 41-1/2" x 3/16"

Found a local (3 miles away) who can supply me toughened glass to fit,.but at either 4mm or 6mm thickness. As I'm going to be buying the foam to suit whatever thickness I need, I will go for 6mm. It's possible to get 5mm thickness cut to size online for the same price, but I'd have to collect or pay over 60% in delivery charges, so 6mm it is ;)

Had cold sweats worrying about 6mm so paid extra to get exact size form buyglass.co.

Ordered a few weeks ago and expect it to arrive soon.

After that it's just the match unit coils, groovy feature finger that's missing and a hold coil to solder in.

I'm no Nostradamus, but I think this girl may be looking for a new home soon. ;)

New glass installed... lovely

Picked up a kn332 Coil from eBay, all working lovely bar the match unit and missing groovy finger.

IMG_20230801_121941521_HDR.jpg
Found the source of the bad smells....
IMG_20230801_091743658.jpg
Fixed this with an insulated switch stack tube thing that came with the kn332 from eBay.

There are a few bulb holders in the back box that are intermittent, I may fiddle with these.

Plan on listing very soon.

Pretty sure my 'groovy' had a missing finger too. If memory serves i soldered half a switch to replace - worked lovely! ;)
Just looked at my spare baseboard - isn't the groovy unit the one with 6 fingers? If so, have one here..
(Also a bit shocked I had forgotten to swap un-bodged spider with the one in the machine I've since sold!)

What a massive amount of work done on this machine - it looks amazing! No doubt the new owner will be absolutely smitten!
Thanks, I hope so.

Projects like these are a labour of love and I loved it :)

It's moving to Shropshire for it's next phase of life. Will be sad to see her go, but as my longest pinball lodger, she made her mark on me 😍

IMG_20230822_175511138_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom