What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Bally Midway - Beat The Clock - £1250

Ashbo

Site Supporter
Alias
Ash
Listing my Bally Midway - Beat The Clock.

Owned since August last year - had a tonne of fun with her - see https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/bally-beat-the-clock-1985.53641/

LEDs I was messing with in the shop log now removed.

Cosmetic condition: I'm sure she is the definition of player's condition cosmetically. See details below.

Functionality: 100% Fully working.

Playfield under mylar, but planking. Doesn't affect play in any way.
IMG_20230109_180945496_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230109_180951937_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230109_181021251_HDR.jpg

Paint missing on the exit of the shooter lane.
IMG_20230109_181006955_HDR.jpg

Cabinet not bad at all but decals flaking on backbox and around legs. Chip missing on front, but painted over.
IMG_20230109_181050073_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230109_181107818_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230109_181554726_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230109_181602198_HDR.jpg

Leg bolts are stiff to go in, think the plates need replacing but never needed to as just cranked them in with the socket set. Original legs in aged condition.
IMG_20230109_182546596.jpg

IMG_20230109_183324055.jpg

Backglass has paint missing centrally. I have applied triple thick to stop the deterioration.
IMG_20230109_180833769_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230109_183309449_HDR.jpg

One bumper cap not original, have original but plastic clip has broken.

All boards fine, I recapped the squawk and talk last year. Displays all good.

Plays great, really fun, but I'm the only one playing her in the house now and I can nail it now :).

Looking for £1250. Collection Long Sutton, Lincolnshire (PE12). Martin has been here several times and is due soon.

Cheers, Ash

Last edited:
Thursday lunchtime bump...make me an offer if you are interested...if no interest will be moving to storage for a bit.

Typically I’ve freed up space but no cash 🙄do like the Bally 6803 games got 2 of them.
Yeah, agree. they are ace, they have a feel unique to themselves. Just plain fun and no frills. Beat the Clock actually gets quite deep once you suss out what's it's all about. Building the bonus and the multiplier only to lose track of time and drain (ahhhh one more try!!!), or carefully building the bonus only to collect before you get the multipliers stacked (ahhhh one more try!!!!!), Then finally, max bonus, max multiplier sense of achievement. And let's not get started on multiplayer!

Talking myself into closing the advert again...😂

First pinball I ever bought. Came from a cafe I’m Melton Mowbray. Cost me £30 not working. No keys, owner had lost em. Gets it home, drill the cash box door lock. Cash box had just over £34 in it. Happy happy days. I’ve owned two. Great game 😊
Cracking story. I usually find coins in EMs. A sixpence or a shilling or something. £34 is a Cracking result.

Cracking story. I usually find coins in EMs. A sixpence or a shilling or something. £34 is a Cracking result.
Oh yea. Here’s the best bit. My wife asked me if I was gonna take it back to the guy. He owned the cafe, the George Hotel and the Golden Fleece pub. As Renee from Allo Allo would say
“ You stupid woman”
Apologies to you Ashbo

Oh yea. Here’s the best bit. My wife asked me if I was gonna take it back to the guy. He owned the cafe, the George Hotel and the Golden Fleece pub. As Renee from Allo Allo would say
“ You stupid woman”
Apologies to you Ashbo
Don't apologise sir, it's the history that makes these objects unforgettable:)

That seems like a lot of fun for not much money given the current climate.

Good luck with the sale mate. You always list a proper description and photos with your machines 👍

Good luck with the sale mate. You always list a proper description and photos with your machines 👍
Thanks, it's tough to try not to be too critical, which I may have been here. I found the description I bought it from last night, much more positive.

It's a really good crack actually, with echos of the older class of 81 Bally's in it's layout. If I wasn't honoring a promise to my daughter and reducing to just one pin in the house, I'd keep this pin.

I think I owe her though after selling her Time Machine, but if she doesn't sell, at least I can tell her I tried and keep this girl for myself 🤣

Back
Top Bottom