What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete BALLY DOLLY PARTON - TORMENTED BY CPR!.......

Not sure where to start on this latest update, as we have been concentrating on this game this week!
First we grabbed a load of pcbs from stock. An old lamp driver , solenoid driver and power supply to join to the transformer we managed to find.(phew!). Ok so we rebuilt the power supply with this kit from big daddy enterprises. The kit for all you eagle eyed viewers contains larger bridge rectifiers which is no problem and more stable. Here is the kit...
IMG_4367.JPG
Next job was to replace all three connectors to the power supply, they were really burnt and corroded....
IMG_4351.JPG
Here is a picture of the power supply rebuilt and new connectors...sexy!
IMG_4361.JPG
The solenoid driver board had some damaged track , q12 was blown and there were dry joints on a lot of the pin connectors.
So in with a new transistor(tip102) repaired the damaged track and corrected the dry joints...also carried out the essential earth mod as well...spot the two jumpers.......BEFORE...
IMG_4356.JPG
AFTER.....
IMG_4357.JPG
Next up ...the flippers....so after sourcing the missing parts. (If you remember we had no right flipper parts what so ever!)
Here we have the flippers rebuilt, re-wired , inc. new coils...notice also that the slingshot required a new coil also.....beautiful!
IMG_4365.JPG
Now it's time to assemble this baby all together, and fit all the boards. We will use an alltek cpu for test purposes. Connect it all up. Oh..... and put all the wiring back in the cabinet...............switch it on and see what happens....assembly report to follow.....

Attachments

• IMG_4358.JPG
    IMG_4358.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4359.JPG
    IMG_4359.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4360.JPG
    IMG_4360.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4366.JPG
    IMG_4366.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
She's all in one piece!....of a fashion.......here she is!.....apologies for the terrible pictures but it's dark already!.....boo hoo winter is on it's way.......
IMG_4371.JPG
Nice shiny coin door with freeplay decal and new Bally sticker....and shooter rod.

IMG_4363.JPG
Here's inside the cabinet...we put the loom in the dishwasher!..but don't tell the boss!!....ha ha...
IMG_4368.JPG
The backbox with all pcbs installed.....notice that we have repinned j3,j4 solenoid driver board and j1,j4 cpu this is pretty much essential these days on all old Bally pinballs.....omit this step at your peril........
IMG_4358.JPG
So the moment of truth...let's switch it on!!......?..............................

.........switched it on and she booted with the following faults....
1). X2 displays inoperative.
2). G.i lamps bottom left out.
3). Centre d on Dolly lamp out, 2x lamp out and spinner 1000 when lit out.
4). Drop targets not level with playfield when dropped.
5). Both inlanes switches inop.
6). Saucer switch inop.
On further investigation, all lamps out bar the d for Dolly were lamp holders so they were replaced. D was caused by a transistor in the lamp driver board. Drop targets levelled with the adjustable guide under the playfield.
All inoperative switches were corroded switch contacts, cleaned now all working. G.i is a combination of lamp holder corrosion and dry earth solder joints.....now all fully working. All it needs now is a new lift trim for the backglass. (On order as I only had 1/8" and I need 3/16" thickness....typical!.....). For all of you that know the game, unusually the g.i. Lamps on the right side of the drop targets were surrounded by a red plastic sleeve to achieve red illumination, these had long since faded to white so red comet LED's were put in their place and look awesome!.....here are some pictures....
IMG_4377.JPGIMG_4378.JPGIMG_4379.JPGIMG_4380.JPGIMG_4381.JPGIMG_4366.JPGIMG_4369.JPG
Here are some pictures.....

Attachments

• IMG_4364.JPG
    IMG_4364.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 14
Is the sound board just a replacement for the sound effects board or does it add some Dolly Parton music?

.........switched it on and she booted with the following faults....
1). X2 displays inoperative.
2). G.i lamps bottom left out.
3). Centre d on Dolly lamp out, 2x lamp out and spinner 1000 when lit out.
4). Drop targets not level with playfield when dropped.
5). Both inlanes switches inop.
6). Saucer switch inop.
On further investigation, all lamps out bar the d for Dolly were lamp holders so they were replaced. D was caused by a transistor in the lamp driver board. Drop targets levelled with the adjustable guide under the playfield.
All inoperative switches were corroded switch contacts, cleaned now all working. G.i is a combination of lamp holder corrosion and dry earth solder joints.....now all fully working. All it needs now is a new lift trim for the backglass. (On order as I only had 1/8" and I need 3/16" thickness....typical!.....). For all of you that know the game, unusually the g.i. Lamps on the right side of the drop targets were surrounded by a red plastic sleeve to achieve red illumination, these had long since faded to white so red comet LED's were put in their place and look awesome!.....here are some pictures....
View attachment 96496View attachment 96497View attachment 96498View attachment 96499View attachment 96500View attachment 96502View attachment 96503
Here are some pictures.....
Incredible transformation and really good to see in this detail. Fantastic job!!!

Help! Cpr have just released for the very first time, a reproduction Dolly Parton Playfield!!
Here’s the thing, many of you on here have met Dolly. Probably at special when lit. @Moonraker She currently resides at Luke’s games room. @GezTheHealer
Where she is treated with the upmost care and respect. She’s in pretty good condition having had a full cabinet restoration. She is currently waiting for a new backglass and a new set of plastics to be fitted.
Question: should we purchase a new Playfield? My heart is saying yes! What do you all think?
Maybe one of you also wants a Playfield, or anything from Cpr then at least the postage costs will be reduced?
Don’t hold back let me know your thoughts Please.....
Take care Keef.........

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/dollyparton/

Back
Top Bottom