What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bally 6803 HELP!

Game On

Banned
I have been doing a restore to a 6803 Bally and it is driving me nuts! Any advice / help appreciated. Basically the game boots but the 14 digit alpha numeric has many missing segments.
Now here is the problem..... To enter test, you are supposed to push the test button then use the flippers / credit button to scroll through the menus only problem is an entire column on the switch matrix just does not work According to the schematic the cable to the credit button should be White and Red but is a totally different color that goes elsewhere. If I short the switch matrix inputs I can get some of the test settings but not all. It does not help that the displays are duff.

Is there anyone that supplies repacement 6803 boards or anyone in UK who does a replacement / repair service? Without a test rig/ spare boards I am fltying blind

Any help advice appreciated

Which 6803 game is it? You're sure it's not one that uses the numeric keypad to access the tests/adjustments?

Missing segments is often down to poor connections - I had to repin the board and replace the headers on my party animal to bring everything back.
Might also be the issue with your missing switch matrix lines.

Missing segments is often down to poor connections - I had to repin the board and replace the headers on my party animal to bring everything back.
Might also be the issue with your missing switch matrix lines.
Did you use individual Header pins on the board or header strips? also where did you get the plugs and female pins from as I am not too sure of the size?
I wonder if RS or CPC do them?

Did you use individual Header pins on the board or header strips? also where did you get the plugs and female pins from as I am not too sure of the size?
I wonder if RS or CPC do them?
I have a bunch of Molex 254 strips and headers, though not in the correct sizes so just glued two headers together :)

Back
Top Bottom