What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back To The Future Noobie Questions :-)

rolydog2001

Registered
Hi and thanks for the forum, First a bit of history. I have over the years had many arcade machines though tried to limit them to cocktail table machines from the 80's Taito/Williams Etc. However due to family/life and the difficulty in getting some boards fixed then not so much recently. My other passion is DeLorean's having owned 2 and running the owners club.
So naturally when a BTTF pinball (made by Data East) came up for sale via an ex D owner I had to have it. This is my first pinball ever and has various faults, the main one was a nice easy fix as it needed a new display. The others seem to be mainly around lack of any maintenance over a good number of years. All rubbers need replacing/cleaning/bulbs Etc. I have along with the display purchased an instruction manual and ordered a re-furb kit.
I do have some specific questions that people may be good enough to answer for me:

The display was completely broken (I was aware of this when I bought it), I purchased a new one and was promptly delivered and works perfect. Problem is it's a German machine and a lot of it is in German. I know from old cocktail machines on some of them you could alter the language via dip-switches. Is it possible to change the language or is this how it was burned in?

What size would the small bolts/dome nuts be that hold the covers for the flasher bulbs on the playfield be? these seem smaller than the ones that fix most of the play field furniture in place. Likewise what would the larger ones be please?

Cabinet is not the best (never realized how heavy these things are!) is it possible to get new cabinets with the correct graphics anywhere? or is it not worth it due to cost?

I'm struggling to find specific parts (not surprisingly) does anyone know any company that still supply either new or secondhand play field parts?

Thanks in advance
Chris

I am not aware of anywhere that would sell a new cabinet with the right decals. But I am sure you could find a bare cabinet and a set of repro decals. @PeteB on here may be able to help you with decals.

unlike williams I dont think DE have a language option so presume it has German ROMS

there are guys on here who can supply english ones

Thank you for your responses.
I have some NOS Data East parts.
Thank you perhaps you could drop me a list of what/any BTTF parts you have?
Couple of replacement parts here https://www.backtothefuturemusical.com/ (I'll get my coat!)
Ha, going to see this on the 7th March with some DeLorean friends! I'm told it's actually OK.
Game should have v2.8 roms installed. Yours probably has v2.7 german.

A manual and the rom files if you have a burner can be downloaded from here:
Is this an easy process or can someone who has experience of doing this do it fairly easy? Not my knowledge base I'm afraid!
not the greatest or deepest game play by a long way
Yehh I have read that, but it's (to me) more about the BTTF relationship.

Thanks
Chris

Ahh right, you have probably guessed i'm the second one down in this list: http://deloreans.co.uk/contacts/ Brian was/and still is a lovely chap. However he did get his use/monies worth out of that car! Always difficult to keep on top of daily maintenance with all the BTTF stuff on them IMHO. Unfortunately DeLoreans can be a bit of a challenge especially when left for some time, I always stress this to anyone buying/importing one.
Chris

Ahh right, you have probably guessed i'm the second one down in this list: http://deloreans.co.uk/contacts/ Brian was/and still is a lovely chap. However he did get his use/monies worth out of that car! Always difficult to keep on top of daily maintenance with all the BTTF stuff on them IMHO. Unfortunately DeLoreans can be a bit of a challenge especially when left for some time, I always stress this to anyone buying/importing one.
Chris
I did guess :)
The forum was really helpful when I was looking for a car , I met Brian many years ago at the second “ south coast slam “ and knew then I had to buy it , I still see him a top top bloke 👍👍

unlike williams I dont think DE have a language option so presume it has German ROMS

there are guys on here who can supply english ones

Would someone who can recommend someone who can do this please either contact me/or if someone could recomend someone on this site who has experience of doing the above.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom