What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Avatar

Have you played this game Jim? Of all the Borg Stern’s in my view its the worst by a long chalk. You couldn’t give these away at one point - so just wondering if you’d played one?

Have you played this game Jim? Of all the Borg Stern’s in my view its the worst by a long chalk. You couldn’t give these away at one point - so just wondering if you’d played one?
Gets played more than my Tron and Iron Man that is next to it when people visit, I actually like it too like the others.

1644398340907.png

last 5 haven't had Scorbit in for long so ignore them.

Just wondering Neil is this counting only games where someone has opened and connected via Scorbit, or all games?

I put half a dozen games on it when I was there at the weekend and quite enjoyed it 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'm very bad so no idea how deep it goes, but the basics of the game were easy to understand and the shots satisfying, with the mech shot being very tight, but thankfully not suuuuper dangerous. And it's quite a pretty game in my opinion.

Just wondering Neil is this counting only games where someone has opened and connected via Scorbit, or all games?

I put half a dozen games on it when I was there at the weekend and quite enjoyed it 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'm very bad so no idea how deep it goes, but the basics of the game were easy to understand and the shots satisfying, with the mech shot being very tight, but thankfully not suuuuper dangerous. And it's quite a pretty game in my opinion.

if you press start - scorbit collects the start whether you use the app or not.

Neil.

Does it matter? If the guy wants one then he wants one.......

All but a small handful of people 3 years ago hated Aerosmith (another Borg game) - I now have 5 people who want to buy one in my inbox...... That is the same amount of people who want me to find them a MM.

@steve brum did it earn on site for you?

At risk of agreeing with @Neil McRae, I’ve been stuck playing Avatar at Pinball Republic on several occasions because it’s next to Getaway and I have to keep an eye on my petrol-head five year old.

I’ve tried to get into it loads of times. I’ve read the rules card, and played it a bunch of times taking different tactics. I will admit to not being a great pinball player, but it is weirdly unfun. I can’t really explain why, but the robot takes up a huge amount of the right hand side of the playfield, and none of the other shots feel that interesting either.

It’s also very plasticky and very blue, although that’s a minor quibble.

The mirrored backglass is nice though.

The sound on Avatar is second to none.

Utterly brutal game, I don’t miss mine at all. Maybe I wasn’t good enough to enjoy it. I liked the mechs etc but hated how you had to restart everything when you had a new ball

There always used to be a fair few to buy so hopefully one will turn up for the OP soon

Does it matter? If the guy wants one then he wants one.......

All but a small handful of people 3 years ago hated Aerosmith (another Borg game) - I now have 5 people who want to buy one in my inbox...... That is the same amount of people who want me to find them a MM.

@steve brum did it earn on site for you?
No it doesn't matter, but the forum is for discussions on pinball.

Back
Top Bottom