What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Avatar LE

Replay

Site Supporter
10 Years
See this link for photos as can never upload them on this site.
http://www.pinballowners.com/replay#130279
Any additional photos just pm with email.

So, as many know, only 250 Avatar LE were made and it was the first LE. So, it is really is rare!
I believe there are only 2 in the UK, this is one of them.

Game is in really nice condition as it is HUO - think I am am 4th owner. The chrome Stern used on these LE's is proper chrome, better finish than Tron LE. LE has many cool features.

See this link for full description.
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Avatar&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Game plays great and really hard to get to final battle ( er, haven't done it... ) Sounds etc are really really well done.

Some mods = blue pinled DMD and Kimballs lighting mod. These cost original owner over £500. Various plastic protectors/cliffy stuff etc.

Link to Kimballs mods.
http://www.kimballspinballs.com/products.html

Probably stuff I have missed.

Price - £4750.00.

Price is firm, a lot of game for the money considering LE's are over £7k now. I don't need to sell in a hurry but have a bonkers amount of em's arriving so putting it for sale to make space. The longer it doesn't sell, the more chance I have of getting to final battle:D

I wanted to keep it until 2017 as there are 3 new Avatar movies being made but not easy to store!

Anyway, if anyone is serious, just pm me.

Last edited:
Nice looking machine, would be tempted but wasn't overly impressed with the Pro's that I have played. Main problem is when the ball gets stuck in the pop bumpers for half an hour (bit of an exaggeration ;))

If I keep telling myself this I may not be tempted to enquire about buying it :eek:

Well, there are occasions it gets a longish go in the pops but I removed the pop bumper fix ( spring kit ) so the flow is much better now. Occasionally there is a SDTM but it flows much better without. Still got the spring so can be added back. The spring fix keeps it in the pops way longer.

I moved the spring on my pro from its original position to the lower post after consulting with pinside, does a much better job of preventing SDTM and has no effect on pop bumper usage at all.

image.jpg

That looks a good place for the spring for sure.

Forgot to mention there are a load of led's that I took out as not a fan of the screaming bright look - but they can be added back.

Can only get one SS game at a time now as the em's took over....

So, may be interested in some sort of trade for ACDC as not had one yet.

Off the market again!

Had this around 4 months and against popular opinion, I rate this game as better than -

SM
ACDC
Star Trek
Metallica
XM LE
LOTR
Transformers
Avengers
Tron - not played enough to know.

As good as IM, in that trying to collect all the inserts in 1 ball to get to final battle is insanely addictive. Throw in the double scoring power ball, the various stacking options, great sound, custom callouts and I just don't get the lack of love for this game:confused:

And the Stephen Lang call outs are epic - some are so random they just appear and I think, did he just say that?!

'It's multiball ladies....'
I want results gentlemen..'
No more warning shots, just blast em...

Possibly as it only has one ramp and it takes a good while to work out strategy and it's really hard to do it all in one ball!
It's as good as any other Stern I have yet played/owned.
At the time it was when Stern were cost cutting but the irony is that it has better custom call outs than most games since and the chrome package on the LE is head and shoulders above the Tron LE chrome package.
And with 3 new movies out in 2017, it isn't going to date.

Back
Top Bottom