What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attract mode issue, Lord of the rings.

Spadge

Registered
Hi, I have a very odd issue with my LOTR (Stern/Whitestar) in that 8-9 mins into attract mode, all the lights either go off (standard) or stay lit (with Led OCD). The game is still response but the game doesn't play (doesn't eject the ball).

I have several mods and additions:

- Colour DMD
- Led OCD (does the same with or without)
- Led's throughout
- Stern power board replaced with Rottendog equivalent
- Roms upgraded to 10.02/10.00 display/PAL driver chip to run LE code for shaker
- OS upgraded to 8
- Shaker installed
- No batteries, it has an NV Ram on board

Game plays fine before above mentioned problem 8-9 mins into attract mode. I couldn't find any settings to reduce/turn off the lights which it appears to be done as a power save? (Potentially)

Next tests to try:

- Try pre LE Roms (No shaker)

Seems a very odd problem to say the least as logic seems fine. I've tried another 10.02 ROM and same result.

I didn't use the word upgraded just a case of availability :)

Still logging tests to work out what's happening. Seems to me that F20 fuse is going.

Trying various things, have ordered a new Fuse Kit and it would appear I need a larger fuse (4/5a) in F20.

Will check Magnet switch to see if it's not stuck on. Testing without Shaker etc.

Back
Top Bottom