What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attitudes on the forum #2

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Some of you may remember that i posted a thread (below) about attitudes on the forum... and how people just seem to think it's ok to start on at each other based on current/past animosities.

So it's all kicked off again - and therefore a line is drawn in the sand NOW.

Discussion is both allowed and encouraged. However personal insults aren't. Therefore I will introduce a Zero tolerance policy as of NOW.

If you decide to have a go at someone, expect a weeks Ban.
If it is both parties slinging mud, or you respond to the above, expect one also.

If you reach three weeks worth of bans (Therefore it's happened 3 times), you will be excluded from the site permanently (three strike rule).

We (as admins) shouldn't have have to police this place like a school playground - you are all grown adults. It's a sad day that we need to. Welcome to that day.

Obviously We cannot read every single post, so it would be appreciated if any posts of this nature were reported via the "report" link underneath the post content - We will not respond to each individually, however the content will be reviewed and relevant action taken.

Happily this doesnt happen too often, however people don't seem to have heeded the warnings from the last time.

Many thanks
Paul

One thing that can sort it out is people getting a grip. Simple.

By all means discuss, disagree, voice opinion but there really is no need for arguments to flare up in public, abuse to be thrown around, antagonistic posts, trolling etc.

Pinball for most on here is just a hobby, a wonderful little world under glass away from the worries of the real world.

For the most part this is an incredibly easy going, friendly community of oddballs who are obsessed by smacking a ball around a big toy. Let's keep it that way yeah [emoji106]

Peace out [emoji869]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

One thing that can sort half this out is stop the ability for people to comment on for sale posts and reply only by pm

Wasn't there a vote on that and it was wildly unpopular, or did I make that up?

Surely people just need to stop being such wallies and realise it's a forum for chatting about walloping a sliver ball around a bit of wood with flashing lights

Regarding the ability to post on for sale threads.. what’s the etiquette about posting “honest corrections”...?

The TZ thread currently on there mentions the clock being broken, and that being cosmetic. The TZ clock throwing that error definitely is not cosmetic, and the clock is an integral part of the game, used by many modes. Someone who didn’t know TZ might not know that...

Regarding the ability to post on for sale threads.. what’s the etiquette about posting “honest corrections”...?

The TZ thread currently on there mentions the clock being broken, and that being cosmetic. The TZ clock throwing that error definitely is not cosmetic, and the clock is an integral part of the game, used by many modes. Someone who didn’t know TZ might not know that...

Pretty sure the modes are timed by the machine and not dependant on the clock working. I think there may even be an option to disable the clock in the menu.

Yes, the clock isn’t needed for the modes to work, sorry I should’ve been clear. But you can see how long you’ve got left on them using the clock. I don’t know if the game tells you in any other way if it’s not working or disabled.

Nevertheless “Clock is broken” is an electrical or mechanical fault, and might not strictly be simple or cheap to resolve.

It’s also (imo) a very prominent part of the game and one of its USPs.

Yes, the clock isn’t needed for the modes to work, sorry I should’ve been clear. But you can see how long you’ve got left on them using the clock. I don’t know if the game tells you in any other way if it’s not working or disabled.

Nevertheless “Clock is broken” is an electrical or mechanical fault, and might not strictly be simple or cheap to resolve.

It’s also (imo) a very prominent part of the game and one of its USPs.
I have been playing various TZs for about 10 years. Can't remember *ever* even looking at that clock.

I havent got round to asking a nice person to fit the new clock board to ours so at the moment the clock is optioned off as its doesnt affect anything whilst playing it

However it certainly DOES affect value when selling it on

Back
Top Bottom