What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Attack From Mars

Steve Waterton

Registered
Its with a sad heart that after a couple of years fun I have to sell my AFM.

The machine is mint and used to belong to one @Chris gaywood who I am sure will vouch for the machines history.

It's original details can be found here, it's no real difference and minimal use in the 2 years i have had it.

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/afm-super-creamy-one.25944/

I will take some photos asap.

Not sure what the going price is for these as been off the forum for a while....open to offers upwards of £6000.

Stevo

The market is very flat at the moment unfortunately. Bit like the housing market. You can’t ride the wave forever. Somethings gotta give. Just my opinion. GLWS.

Steve, did you check you posted the correct link to your AFM ? You describe the machine as mint and that you’ve had it for 2 years. The photos from the link are from 4 years ago and show a fair amount of playfield damage with a for sale price of 4.3-4.6K.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s confused...

I bought the machine from Chris 2 years ago, the thread is the one I was sent when I bought it so I could see what had been done to it.

I may be completely wrong about it's condition, It has some minor wear but nothing major to my knowledge.... I will take some photos and post, I thought she is in top condition - I am no expert though.

All good, rather keep her than make a loss.

No one like to take a bath on a machine mate But it happens. I’ve lost money on almost every machine I’ve ever owned. Not a lot but hey, if you wanna change it up, it’s gotta be done. Life’s too short to worry about it. Want a new machine? Sell the old one and move on. 🤘🤘🤘🤘

No one like to take a bath on a machine mate But it happens. I’ve lost money on almost every machine I’ve ever owned. Not a lot but hey, if you wanna change it up, it’s gotta be done. Life’s too short to worry about it. Want a new machine? Sell the old one and move on. 🤘🤘🤘🤘

Indeed, couldn't agree more, not getting a new machine though, moving house unfortunately.

Has it got worse? As that was a while back.

That’s not planking either. That’s just good old fashioned wear.
Planking is the splitting of the wood under the artwork causing stress cracks vertically down the playfield

I think its reasonable to call wear down to the wood as planking.
A plank is a bit of wood :)

I assume he means the one in post #17.

@Steve Waterton : I'm a little confused also (and interested in an AFM). The link you posted was to Will's machine not Chris's. I assume Chris bought this off Will and used the same photos (which would make sense)? However, it's a few years on now - can you post pics of it now - the ones in the link are 4 years old.

As individuals have said above, the market is a little flatter and AFMr probably hasn't helped.

He did say in the first post he would be posting some pictures asap...

I assume he means the one in post #17.

@Steve Waterton : I'm a little confused also (and interested in an AFM). The link you posted was to Will's machine not Chris's. I assume Chris bought this off Will and used the same photos (which would make sense)? However, it's a few years on now - can you post pics of it now - the ones in the link are 4 years old.

As individuals have said above, the market is a little flatter and AFMr probably hasn't helped.

OK, first off apologies to everyone if my description was misleading, i felt and still do that it is a very good condition machine.

The link was of the owner before it was sold to Chris.

I will indeed take some pictures of the machine this evening so you can see it as it stands although nothing has changed with no additional wear - it has had minimal use.

I hear everyone's comments regarding the market and as such the offer closest to £5250 gets it (within reason).

Hope that clears a few bits up, like I say up to date photos later.

Thanks for the interest.

Steve

Thanks Steve, If you could post some close ups of the playfield that would be great including the area which shows a lot of damage around the scoop and inserts in the photos from 2015. I may know someone who would be interested, at a fair price. Cheers
B2CD392C-4B4F-442F-9CC1-09AB8ED14D29.jpeg

Last September a couple of AFMs traded on eBay in short succession, one for 4.2k, the other for 4.6k.

If you advertise a game on here that is a bargain, it is likely to get sold in under 30 minutes. So unless your PMs have gone turbo, you ain't underpriced this.

Back
Top Bottom