What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attack from Mars Cabinet Restore

Steve

Registered
I bought an AFM recently and although it was in reasonable condition I noticed the cabinet was from another machine. Being a stickler for detail I decided to find a correct cabinet, restore it and swap the parts over.

I managed to buy an empty NBA Fastbreak cabinet from Andy Heighway and after a few weeks work it's almost ready for the new playfield.

Hardest part was finding the correct staples as Bally/Williams used a weird size and they were copper-coloured. Got them in the end and the results look good.

The stickers inside the old cabinet were missing, but I managed to scan the one on the back and make a new one. (Same with the stay arm warning sticker.

Couple more parts to fit and then I start on swapping the new playfield.

Really nice work, looks good
smile-1.png

Wow. Nice job on the cab. Got some for my IJ to do but i'm dreading the amount of work...... Might pluck up the courage next week sometime....

I spent ages trying to find someone to re-decal my TZ and nobody was up for it. In the end I did it myself.

I was dreading it in case I made a mistake, but it was really easy! I use the dry method and have never had any problems, and thats doing it on my own with no help.

Since then i've done 3 complete re-decal jobs including the backboxes with no dramas and would recommend anyone thinking about it to have a go.

You sure you dont wanna do mine Steve
wink-1.png

It's not cos i'm lazy but i have problems finding the time and I'm really dreading it!!
biggrin-1.png

Back
Top Bottom