What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arcade 1up 3/4 size virtual pinball launched CES

Colywobbles

Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
Love em or hate em they are kinda bringing pinball to the masses with their collaboration with Zen Pinball
Some interesting features are

Full size legs
Real time nudge
Solenoid feedback
Colourised DMD

Rumours on price are around $599

3D8087B1-BA4A-4442-A668-651B3E7A7C00.jpeg

They look really cool and at that price will bring more people into the hobby.

Maybe not for the purists, but I am a bit of an arcade purist and the arcade cabs are actually pretty good!

The fact that they have haptic feedback is ace 👌🏻 Price point sounds decent too.

If only it was running VPX (i wonder if you can hack em)?

I’ve heard they doing a Williams one with 10 tables included.
If the price comes to UK at sensible conversion I’ll grab one for Gabe

I’ve built a few full size VPins over the years but for me now real pins get priority for space so this seems tempting

I hope they do come across the pond to the UK but I’m not holding my breath. After poor sales of their first batch of arcade machines here in the UK I’ve not seen them offering any of their more recent releases to us. They might test the waters with pinball though.

Last edited:
This wont be hackable. This is a single board inside. Running android, and not a windows based product. Wont run VPX. You need much higher spec and a decent video card.

Back glass needs taking out, and a monitor fitting in.

Main playfield is not full HD.

Basically you are paying £600 (£ for $) for a cabinet. But it does look a nice cabinet. I have heard the screen in the cab has been sunk down with angled sides, you could get a 27 or 30 inch screen in perhaps.

But - I would probably buy one. With 10 FX3 games for a laugh for a few weeks - then rip it all out. Change the buttons, put a proper plunger in. Will still come in at about £1K.

The arcade1up cabs have been selling well in the UK according to the people I spoke to, I have a pal who works for the distribution centre of Argos and CostCo in Birmingham have sold out of them and got further stock in. Today they had none left again as I was going to get hte space invaders or pacman and mame it.

Plenty of time to consider options, as it wont be out for MONTHS. If they end up in the UK it could be Christmas.

Think the Star Wars artwork is awful - but AFM looks good. I would frame the backglass if I stuck a monitor inside one of these.

Iam kinda hoping that they release the Star wars arcade cab in the UK. I thought Santa was going to bring it but never arrived in UK in time.

I'm a big fan of the Zen PinballFX3 Williams tables but they're missing a trick if you can't expand the collection or it's not connected to the Internet

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

This wont be hackable. This is a single board inside. Running android, and not a windows based product. Wont run VPX. You need much higher spec and a decent video card.

Back glass needs taking out, and a monitor fitting in.

Main playfield is not full HD.

Basically you are paying £600 (£ for $) for a cabinet. But it does look a nice cabinet. I have heard the screen in the cab has been sunk down with angled sides, you could get a 27 or 30 inch screen in perhaps.

But - I would probably buy one. With 10 FX3 games for a laugh for a few weeks - then rip it all out. Change the buttons, put a proper plunger in. Will still come in at about £1K.

The arcade1up cabs have been selling well in the UK according to the people I spoke to, I have a pal who works for the distribution centre of Argos and CostCo in Birmingham have sold out of them and got further stock in. Today they had none left again as I was going to get hte space invaders or pacman and mame it.

Plenty of time to consider options, as it wont be out for MONTHS. If they end up in the UK it could be Christmas.

Think the Star Wars artwork is awful - but AFM looks good. I would frame the backglass if I stuck a monitor inside one of these.

You are right - inside will just be running an android device running the Android version of PBFX 3 (which unless I'm mistaken is inferior to the pc/steam version). This would mean that people will be able to add more PBFX tables from the Android/PLAY store such as the Star Wars and Marvel tables.
I'd imagine the Realtime nudge won't be an accelerator for different levels of nudge and will just be the equivalent of hitting L/R/Front nudge buttons, but that's not a huge issue, as on my Vcab* nudge set-up I pretty much just have a deadzone before having one strength nudge (unless I really whack the machine) which is enough for most slapsaves.
The solenoid feedback sounds great (don't have that on my cab) and the AFM cab looks pretty sweet. I'd love to get one and basically transplant everything from inside my cab in to one, but it's probably above my skill/hassle/time freshold!

*does anyone recommend a place to get a Stern or Williams plunger for a good price?; my nudgeboard has a pentiometer wired up to it; I just need the actual plunger, spring and mounting plate.

Any idea how to go about getting my hands on one of these Arcade 1up pinball machines when they come out?
Import or will somewhere over here be selling them?

Any idea how to go about getting my hands on one of these Arcade 1up pinball machines when they come out?
Import or will somewhere over here be selling them?

Very limited supply of Arcade1up stuff in the UK. Possibly Smyths or Amazon. Although Costco have also done the odd game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very limited supply of Arcade1up stuff in the UK. Possibly Smyths or Amazon. Although Costco have also done the odd game.

Any idea if there’s sellers in the uk who import this stuff?

... maybe

In all honesty I have found dealing with A1UP and their parent LLC company pretty hard work.

No lead times of product from China, no pricing, ludicrous sole supply agreements (10,000 pieces per annum per SKU, which when I questioned what hat that was pulled from, got no response) - freight MOQ from China was reasonable numbers, so it may happen. But I doubt it. I wouldn't talk about this in public generally, but the chance of this one coming off means there's little to lose. Their current UK legal structure and leads me to beleive that they will end up taking the players out of the market in the UK and go B2C themselves.

Last edited:
I would have an NBA JAM if they sell it over here. Love that game

Same. I'm a huge b'ball fan and bought NBA Jam at launch on the SNES (for 60 quid!!). Real shame that cab never made it over here. No way I'm paying to import one

Good luck. I have sent him a PM and commented on the post and nothing.

Looks like it’s all out of stock on the website too.

Same, sent several messages and radio silence so that one looks dead.

Got to be honest, I think they have got so many products coming out - the pins are getting pushed futher to the back of the queue.

It will be like playing visual pinball when it was first released on non full HD monitor.

The board will not have the prcoessing power to do the job properly.

Instead of spending £600/700+ on one of these, you could build a cabinet suitable for a vpin from scratch and still have change.

I did think about buying one, but I know I would keep the cabinet and rip out all the guts.

Back
Top Bottom