What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Apollo 13 - Powder Coat Madness

Eddie Twadds

Registered
Just thought I would share some before and after pics of my A13 that I finally finished this weekend.

http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/e...t&page=1&_suid=141315016103109512284761070302

Started life as a very well loved arcade special. Mainly working but very tired and some interesting operator fixes. First job was the full strip and the ramps, door, hinges, power box, playfield rests, legs and side rails off to the powder coater for a new blue coating - almost exactly the same as the factory wire form colour.

Playfield out and stripped and metal bits tumbled and polished, plastics cleaned, flattened, all mechs rebuilt, wiring cleaned, bulbs, rubbers, new blue post sleeves and blue starposts, hacks sorted etc. Moon rocket and moon lander resprayed and clearcoated with new customs decals. Transformer resprayed and clearcoated.

Followed by lots of cab touch ups and filling the back box, sanding inside the cab and respraying cab and BB satin black. All bolts resprayed and lacquered. Boards given a once over with some suspect components changed and remote battery pack fitted. Playfield given the Treasure Cove treatment and waxed.

Finished off with speaker mod for extra bass and fired up the shaker motor that had been disabled.

Blast Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice work there, Eddie, on all your pins not just A13, but the blue rails, lockdown bar, coin door and legs look fantastic. Great bit of custom work. And the inside looks just as good as the outside!

Nice work there, Eddie, on all your pins not just A13, but the blue rails, lockdown bar, coin door and legs look fantastic. Great bit of custom work. And the inside looks just as good as the outside!
Thanking you. Just my little garage hobby that gets them into a 'refreshed' state. Don't have the skills or patience to make them super minty - just enough to let the Mrs let them in the house. :) No doubt I'll get bored of it and sell it though (as I did with the others!)

Martin aka Eddie Twadds

Back
Top Bottom