What's new

Wanted Anything for HackSpace project - must be cheap

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan
Hi everyone,

Last night I went to my local HackSpace for some help to fabricate a plastic playfield part, which they did for me quite easily. I was really impressed by the guys at the Leeds Hackspace, they were so friendly and tons of different skills. One of the guys was into pinballs in the past and had been involved in the retro gaming scene for many years so had helped set up some of the shows including pinballs in the past. Daniel Fligg if anyone know him.

Anyhow I joined their chat group today (using Slack - all new to me, but I think I've got the hang of it). Anyhow the chatter today was all about pinball so I've planted a seed - they fancy a group project - and of course pinball has it all - woodworking, metal work, electrics, electronics, programming, art work, etc, etc.

They are a not for profit group: https://leedshackspace.org.uk/

If you've not heard of HackerSpaces: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackerspace (I hadn't either until a couple of days ago - I'm amazed and somewhat humbled......)

I've offered to fund a donor pin if I can find a project one. Would really like it to be EM, as I think it would be cool to retrofit an EM with modern electronics whilst at the same time keeping the EM bit working too. 2 games in one! But even an old SS would be considered.

Anyone got anything they would let go cheap to a good cause please?

Many thanks,

Alan

There is a lady on the facebook group selling two old EM's 'for a friend' - One is a fantastically popular title - Paul Bunyan (6 flippers though!!) , and then one doesn't even have the backbox. I offered her £100 for JUST that one - would be a great project for the guys I'm thinking of: "OK hackspace guys, so you think you are clever, well then, here's half an EM pinball machine. use your combined skills to rebuild it to working order....." - And they probably will. Only problem is she didn't like my kind offer...... Ho hum.

I know this place too[emoji122] I've used the open evenings to work on some of my own projects that use the laser cutter there. Who doesn't like lasers! I've felt the depth of experience in the Leeds Hackspace would really make a project pin work[emoji3]

Back
Top Bottom