What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Anything < £2000 including Project machine

Andrew Hannay

Registered
Alias
andrewhannay
Hi All,
Haven't looked for anything in a long time since my last pin survived 4 years in my house and I promised myself I wouldn't look until after my holidays but I'm just itching for another pin
What I'm really after is a BTTF but any movie or TV themed pin would be considered as that keeps the family happy.
I have £1400 to spend but I can add to that if necessary. Doesn't need to be restored or mint - I just want to play it and tinker with it.
I am happy with a project machine or even a non worker that needs repair as long as all the bits are there. A newer Stern title like PotC would be really nice but I guess it would have to be really shagged to be in my price range. :)
I'm based in Wokingham and can do the pickup myself if it's within a resonable distance.

Cheers,
Andrew

Last edited:
BTTF is a tricky one - It's a good to decent pin but punches well above it's weight money wise due to the theme. Coin op king just sold one for (gulp) 3.3k in a few hours. This is certainly not a reflection of true market value but shows you what the demand is like for it.

Best of luck though, will keep an ear to the ground for you.

I would imagine £1400 would cover the cost of most Sega/ Data East movie tie-in games, for which there are many.

Coinop king said they had other buyers looking for one at the 3.3k price tag. I sold mine a couple of months ago for £1800 which is what i paid for it. To be honest though, despite being one of my favourite films, it is not a great pin. Apart from the music, theres not much to keep you enjoying it. The Getaway was in same price bracket and i much prefer that and theres a lot of them about.

Last edited:
@PT82 has a great ex-forum Jurassic Park that is currently on ebay but he has indicated that he'd do a deal to forum members. I would imagine 1.4 would be about 600 shy of what he's looking for but might be worth having a chat? Much better game than BTTF, and kids love it (dunno if that's relevant!) .

Yes Data East 1976-1994, Sega 1994-1999, Stern 1999-present.
Gary Stern was running Data East then Sega Pinball from 1986 until he founded Stern in 1999.
Ah thanks, I thought it was something like that but always forget everything so never sure if I'm just making things up or not😂

The early Sterns (pre 2006) even use the same boardset as the Sega's.

If the OP isn't I might be interested (and localish). Condition and price? I'm be up for a nice example.

Have a Water World with dead flippers due to a transistor burnout.

Sent from my S3_Pro using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom