What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone with a Getaway take a photo please?

PeteB

Registered
Alias
Random Username
So I've got a Getaway which I'm busy trying to repair and the wiring to the ball trough switches are an absolute mess. Somebody really did a job on it

Could anyone with a working Getaway take and post up some photos of the playfield underside, showing the wiring to the ball trough switches?

Many thanks in advance :)

Thank you! A little bit close though haha! 😂

Could you come back a little bit so I can see where all the wires are going?

Do you have 2x WHITE-VIOLET wires connected to this tab?
CA67B841-60B2-4234-9765-C5DFBCCA4814.jpeg

06DC5B01-CBD9-43B5-BBAC-C65AA3AE6AAC.jpeg

Almost my whole WHITE-VIOLET switch row is not working except for the Middle Red and Made Left Ramp switches. Chips on the board test fine so I’ve got a wiring problem somewhere which has knocked out the other switches on this line.

Can’t for the life of me find where the problem is.

Meh. This problem has really got me beat, and I can usually fix anything.

No issue on the board.

Every switch is wired up corretly.

But only 2 out of 8 switches are working on that row.

Can't be break in the wire becuase the 2 which work are not at the beginning of the line.

Ok you know as well as i do its one wire into the switch and one out to the next sw. All you can really do is test continuity fron the board to the first sw then onto the 2nd sw then etc etc for all that column.
You could run a jumper wire from one of the working switches to a non working one and see if more switches in the column work.
Then trace back.

Can't be break in the wire becuase the 2 which work are not at the beginning of the line.
Someone will tell me if I'm talking rubbish...but surely the switches aren't necessarily wired in the same order on each wire that's shown in the switch matrix, it's the intersection of the specific row and column wires that are important for the cpu to get the right switch closures?

So I'd suggest the two that work are the nearest two to the backbox, so maybe start tracing the white/violet wires from those and check for a break further on...

Someone will tell me if I'm talking rubbish...but surely the switches aren't necessarily wired in the same order on each wire that's shown in the switch matrix, it's the intersection of the specific row and column wires that are important for the cpu to get the right switch closures?

So I'd suggest the two that work are the nearest two to the backbox, so maybe start tracing the white/violet wires from those and check for a break further on...

Yes you’re right they’re not the order of the book diagram BUT strangely the ones that are working seem to be in random places. Obviously the white-violet wire does run from one to the next sequentially which is why I cannot understand how this is happening and making the problem very hard to diagnose.

Its highly unlikely that 6 switches on the same column would fail, but just to eliminate that possibility I’m going to try changing one or two to see if we get any different result.

Its highly unlikely that 6 switches on the same column would fail, but just to eliminate that possibility I’m going to try changing one or two to see if we get any different result.

Not unknown... either a broken wire or connection in the column chain.

Have known those type of trough switches to be faulty internally.

Back
Top Bottom