What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone shipping pins to Ireland?

stationfire

Registered
Hi All,

Anyone know of any service like Martin that can ship pins to Ireland?
Have my eye on Matt Adams project Pinbot but need it straped to a pallet and shipped to Ireland.
Hoping someone here may have done this in the past and know of contacts or methods?

Thanks,
Stationfire

@BigIan @Cryptkeeper @jack burton - just wondering if you folks might know? Appreciate any help.

I live in Northern Ireland and be sympathetic with how it can be difficult to get pins shipped from mainland UK.
But i am persistent :) and have done it many times, including getting them sent from Spain and the US.
Google is your friend, check out freight services by using words like 'pallet delivery to ireland ' but you still need the seller to work with you.
The hardest part is getting them to put the pin securely on the pallet, after that its really no big deal and the prices are not too expensive.

Thanks chuckychucks - will start searching to be at least prepared in the event the queue shortens on this one. Would be great to hear of experiences anyone has had from UK to Ireland - via personal message if you don't want to name the company here. I would be keen to find a company that someone has used and has had a good safe delivery experience with...

Thanks again to all.

with
I live in Northern Ireland and be sympathetic with how it can be difficult to get pins shipped from mainland UK.
But i am persistent :) and have done it many times, including getting them sent from Spain and the US.
Google is your friend, check out freight services by using words like 'pallet delivery to ireland ' but you still need the seller to work with you.
The hardest part is getting them to put the pin securely on the pallet, after that its really no big deal and the prices are not too expensive.

Actually getting a company to shift it is not the hard part. Small jobs you could try Palletline.
Where the problem will occur is you need the pinball machine very well wrapped and on collection they need to get it onto the back of the truck / van. That's the tricky point...I am assuming the seller doesn't have a fork lift. Get round this and the shipping of it is a doddle. Suggest finding a company that has a vehicle with tail lift and pallet truck. Many will.

Oh, and my experience of haulage companies is they don't give two hoots about damage. You won't get a penny from them. They are a law unto themselves.

Thanks for the tips and warnings Anton- pretty much what I expected of many hauliers unfortunately.

That's true, I deal a lot with shipping long items, and in the UK there only seems to be nightfreight (Now DX) and Tuffnells, both of which are shocking.
One of tuffnell's vans once caught on fire burning a load of our product to nothing and we still had problems trying to claim anything back.
I don't even bother trying to claim for damages now.

Actually getting a company to shift it is not the hard part. Small jobs you could try Palletline.
Where the problem will occur is you need the pinball machine very well wrapped and on collection they need to get it onto the back of the truck / van. That's the tricky point...I am assuming the seller doesn't have a fork lift. Get round this and the shipping of it is a doddle. Suggest finding a company that has a vehicle with tail lift and pallet truck. Many will.

Oh, and my experience of haulage companies is they don't give two hoots about damage. You won't get a penny from them. They are a law unto themselves.

Yeah like i said, the hard part is getting it on and secured to the pallet, i agree that they do always say that there is no insurance so it is a risk, that being said i have had no bad experiences as yet and i have done it many times.
Check out this company, it;s who i use to transport most of the pins i have bought, they have always been reliable and price has always been decent.

http://redhead-int.com/

I have used Shipy mainly in the past for stuff going both directions over the Irish Sea.

If you list it as fragile and ask for insurance with your quotes it's usually fine. Still need to do a bit of research on your courier before you chose them but Shiply have a feedback system which helps with chosing a decent courier.

Also be aware some companies charge more if it's on a pallet as its then haulage rather than courier work..

Last edited:
Try this website, i used them to bring over a full size virtual pinball, took about 4-5 days and i believe they have insurance.
I had no problems with the service i used, game arrived in perfect condition, price was decent, no pallet needed and they even brought it into my house.

https://www.anyvan.com/

The way I get pins to me in Jersey is have Martin pick it up, stick it on a pallet and wrap it up. Then I get him to drop it off to a shipping company in Southampton which takes it the rest of the way and delivers it to my door.
I'm guessing you could do a similar thing with freight companies in Liverpool?
It costs more to have Martin pick them up first but at least I know he will take care of them and drop them off already on a pallet and wrapped up for the next part of their journey.

I've used transland to ship from Ireland to UK,
Once its strapped to a pallet its no problems.
it was 100 euro door to door.
just found the invoice.

They did collect it in a artic with a curtain trailer form my workplace but I'm guess they would send a lorry to your house if you asked.

Only seeing this now man, sorry

I have sent pins to the UK. I just used my local company that I always use, Think it cost me €100ish to send it door to door

AFAIK they just link up with a courier company in the UK and work out the logistics themselves.

Back
Top Bottom