What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know about these...

Spandangler

Site Supporter
I found one of these whilst perusing an antique shop yesterday.
Anyone know much about them? Value etc...

It looks awesome but be keen to here if it plays any good!

I can't seem to find much info or pics on the net.

IMG_7051.jpg

IMG_7052.jpg

Any info gratefully received

It's like an English version of Super Chexx Hockey!!! :eek: That is f*cking cool :D Was it playable in the shop and if they're not asking silly money then I'd be all over it if it's working :thumbs:

I know right!!
It was marked up at £695. Although i bet you could haggle it down.

I couldn't find anyone to ask if it was working. It looked in good nick though.

It was marked up at £695. Although i bet you could haggle it down.

That's strong money, you'd definitely want to get it down. If it's been in there for ages I suspect they'd be glad to shift it though :thumbs: Sounds like it's got to be worth a 2nd visit to try and have a go on it.

Haha. Thanks for the info guys. I recall seeing one on eBay fairly recently. It kept being relisted so god knows what it sold for. Next time I'm passing I'll pop in and see what the crack is

Reactions: JT.
Haha. Thanks for the info guys. I recall seeing one on eBay fairly recently. It kept being relisted so god knows what it sold for. Next time I'm passing I'll pop in and see what the crack is
Print those links out and offer them £20 to clear their space :thumbs:

The concept is really neat, great nostalgia. But that video has put me right off.

I think you would need a hefty collection to justify giving up space for one of these

I remember these in the arcade as being pretty dull to play. Saying that would get some fun out of it at a couple of hundred value and then just move it on around the community.

Another similar (but larger) idea at the time was the basketball machine; a field of fifteen numbered hollows, each of which had two kicker solenoids, aimed at the baskets at either end. Each player had fifteen buttons, the quickest to locate and press their correct button when the ball came to rest took the shot at the opponents' basket. Each hollow had two different numbers, one for each player.

Re. the mini-football, I remember a variation where each player had a lever to move their half of the field from side to side, and a button to make each of their players (which were otherwise fixed in place) 'kick'.

Last edited:
Another similar (but larger) idea at the time was the basketball machine; a field of fifteen numbered hollows, each of which had two kicker solenoids, aimed at the baskets at either end.

The pinball parlour had/has one of these....it's awesome :D

Is this the same shop where Harris the Hippy sells his taxidermy?

(Don't forget to hook me up with him if you can)

Why not go to the sellers with evidence of low sales prices elsewhere. Give them printouts.

Have a wad of cash in your hand. Make your best offer. Leave your number for when they realise you are the best buyer.

At a fair price, and if you have the space, you ain't got much to lose. For me this would be a "couple of games then bored with it, rinse and repeat every few months" scenario.

There is a reason why these things are dim and distant (1970s and early 80s) memories for us. They were never that great. There were loads of things I remember from back then that just fell by the wayside as tech improved. Today, I would love to play them a couple of times - then move on. Like when I was a child in the arcades. That was what they were designed for - catch your attention. Play a couple of games, then onto the next one. The arcade had 10, 50, 100 games to try.

Coin operated stuff that made it into cafes and sports centres as well as arcades - like Pinball, skill with prizes, fruities, table football, air hockey, video games, juke boxes .... There might have been 1 to 5 of these in the cafe or sports centre. They were designed for more repeat playing.

They are still around today as they are superior products for the home user unless you have a big collection imho

Back
Top Bottom