What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone into cathode mods?

Rus121

Site Supporter
Got a boxful of these cathode rings that were salvaged from case fans back when i used to do xbox mods. Colours i have are Green, Blue, and UV. They come with an inverter to power two of the rings and a small control pcb that has the ability to react to sound. Im going to have a play around with them in a few of my pins, so if anyone wants to try them out, let me know, i have loads of em....

20110830194319-1.jpg

20110830194452-1.jpg

20110830195246-1.jpg

20110830195343-1.jpg

The UV versions are a more subtle effect, whereas the green and blue practically burn your eyeballs off.....
biggrin-1.png
So much so, i had trouble taking pics of them with my camera. They look much better in real life.

If you were near me Russ,yes but IIRC you are mega miles from North Wales!

If you go to The Northern Lights at Replay would love a couple to play about with then tho

TIA

TYHO

Yep. Teesside is where i be at.

I hope to be going to the northen lights bash, so i will bring some with me when i do so.... I assume thats you in your avatar?

Forgot to mention that the smaller ones fit quite nicely over the cylindrical shaped flasher domes. Might try to get a few in a row for a really nice effect.

Ahh yes i remember now. I think i also chatted to you when the R3play event was at norbreck castle last year? You were playing a Wh20 at the time.(i think).

How about £8.00 posted for two sets? (thats two lots of two rings/inverter packs with 1x80mm and 1x30mm ring per pack)

Also got these small 4" straight cathodes in green, blue, uv, pink, and red. EL wire in green also available.

20110903121815-1.jpg

Having a think on this - back to you soon (just trying to work something out as i may have a specific purpose....)
wink-1.png

Back
Top Bottom