What's new

Anyone help with a Williams 1976 EM?

StratDoc

Registered
I have an Aztec that started flaring up with the score wheels not resetting - score motor would constantly run and relay switches in the backbox pulse.

I pulled all the score reels and cleaned and adjusted them which solved a number of the problems, but still have one persistent issue. The 100,000 score will not reset. The number 3 reset relay pulses but the score reel coil does not energize to move the score reel to O. If I manually set the the 100,000 score reel to 9 it will rest to 0 and a game starts. If the score reel is manually set to 0 a game starts. Any number on the 100,000 score reel other than 9 or 0 and the game keeps constantly trying to reset.

Thanks for any help.

Aztec is a 4 player game so I assume only one of the players 100,000 score/drum unit is demonstrating the problem described above? The 9th position switch is working as the drum unit steps to 0 when you manually move it to 9, similarly the 0 position switch opens to stop the motor so is working. As such I suggest inspect the switch on the No. 3 Reset Re. which relates to the problematic player score position, they are circled below.

This is a guess based on the schematics I don't own a Williams or a 4 player game!

1542493202760.png

Back
Top Bottom