What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone help repair/improve Classic 60 cocktail games table?

Rensenbrink

Registered
Hi. To my embarrassment I'm pretty damned clueless with anything technical and this is hurting me at the moment as my video games table - the 'Classic 60 in 1' cocktail version has gone, the screen blanked. It's the older cathode ray tube type.

The screen flicks off a few seconds after switching the machine on. When powered up, the machine makes a loud sound just like an old colour TV I had. That still happens and initially there is the 'electro static' sound but then it's like a switch is flicked or it 'drops' and the screen remains blank. I don't think or I hope at least that it isn't a big problem but I am lower than numpty level with this sort of thing.

I also want to fit new joysticks as the old ones are near done for but that can wait for now. I'm based in Leeds, is there anyone local who could lend a hand please? Obviously I'll pay. Any help gratefully received!

Robert

Lots of things it could be from the sounds of it; but one of the most common issues i've heard of is that the capacitors go bad over time and may need replacing.

Alas that's about the extent of my limited knowledge and i'd be hesitant to work on the 'business end' of a CRT due to the high voltages they can hold.

Not sure how far from @lukewells you are but he'd be my first port of call in a case such as this.

I'd take the chassis and send it to grant on Jamma+ and be done with it!
I've fixed a few in the past but I've also borked a few............

I'd of thought if the screen is dead you could prob upgrade it to LCD or something. But I know nothibg
It's not really an option mate, a repair would be the preference as it sounds cheaper for one thing. Having said that, I'm open to suggestions. I know there's a few people who have added loads more games to the Classic 60 as well but again that's something I'd need help with (like 100% help :p )

Lots of things it could be from the sounds of it; but one of the most common issues i've heard of is that the capacitors go bad over time and may need replacing.

Alas that's about the extent of my limited knowledge and i'd be hesitant to work on the 'business end' of a CRT due to the high voltages they can hold.

Not sure how far from @lukewells you are but he'd be my first port of call in a case such as this.

thanks Wiredworm, I've made a note of that.

Lcd is a total downgrade.

You can't add games to the 60_1 boards......
I'm looking for a cheap 60_1 for a project ;)

The jamma pi is supposed to be the mutts nuts but needs setup.

Back
Top Bottom