What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone ever glued a lockdown bar ?

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
I had a really nice condition lockdown bar seperate on me the other night.

Was going to weld it but decided instead to glue it. I used a full pair of Rapid Araldite tubes to stick it. Seems really solid. I will put it back on the game tonight and give it a whirl.

Anyone else glued one back together ?

Never glued one, but araldite is some tough stuff. Depending on your game, the lockdown mech might rip it apart again in the future.

I welded one on my sttng, ended up with blueing marks on the other side. I used a product called autosol to remove the blueing from the heat but it made the metal a very dull grey afterwards. After much buffing on a grinder with a polishing wheel it came up ok. Wasnt mint due to some deep scratches, but looked very nice non the less....

I can replicate pretty much exactly the original finish on all the stainless parts used in pinballs.

I use a satine compound finish on a slow polishing mop at work.

I had to buy a new wide body lockdown bar from Pinball Heaven a couple of years ago. It was manufactured in Germany to a very high standard and that had had the two parts bonded and not welded together.

Rus121' date=' post: 1691248 said:
Never glued one, but araldite is some tough stuff. Depending on your game, the lockdown mech might rip it apart again in the future.

I welded one on my sttng, ended up with blueing marks on the other side. I used a product called autosol to remove the blueing from the heat but it made the metal a very dull grey afterwards. After much buffing on a grinder with a polishing wheel it came up ok. Wasnt mint due to some deep scratches, but looked very nice non the less....

I used a full pair of Rapid Araldite tubes to stick it. Seems really solid

Thats a really good tip to know....nice one
smile-1.png
Is this the stuff you used?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Araldite-Extra-Strong-Rapid-Adhesive/dp/B0001OZH58

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1691277 said:
Thats a really good tip to know....nice one
smile-1.png
Is this the stuff you used?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Araldite-Extra-Strong-Rapid-Adhesive/dp/B0001OZH58

That is exactly what I used.

I have just put the lockdown bar back on the Addams Family and thought I would have a quick game to test it. 1 hour 15 minutes later I finished the game. Total score of 2.6 billion and toured the Mansion six times !

It is fair to say the glue seems to be strong enough.

Andrew Stockdale' date=' post: 1691280 said:
That is exactly what I used.

I have just put the lockdown bar back on the Addams Family and thought I would have a quick game to test it. 1 hour 15 minutes later I finished the game. Total score of 2.6 billion and toured the Mansion six times !

It is fair to say the glue seems to be strong enough.

2.6 Billion is that all:rolleyes:

replicas' date=' post: 1691294 said:
2.6 Billion is that all:rolleyes:

Well it had been a long day at work !

I can't see me getting anywhere near that score again. I was hitting everything. I even got to Super Bear Kick for 100 Kicks.

Back
Top Bottom